Seasonal event - GT-R!

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 14 comments

W3H5

Premium
Thailand
Thailand
The new special stage race from the online events has given me the most enjoyment from the game so far, I must have entered 12 times last night! I haven't had the time to grind for exp so finishing this race and going from L15 to L18 was great.

My first attempt ended one hundredth of a sec behind. (Side by side)
Second attempt I won by a 3 tenths. (Will post exact time later today)
(The only tune was and sports air filter and S/M tires)

What was the margin you beat the lead car by and with what set-up?

I've run it twice now.. first time I tried it stock and finished 8th.. plus it was my first time with that car on that track. Then went and added an air filter to get it to 492 hp and some S/S tires plus a tune off of the good 'old Tuning Forum, finished 2nd behind by almost exactly a second. Planning on doing a third run once I get the time... know how to catch that guy, just have to run better laps.. and I should be able to do that once I get used to it :)

Actually enjoying this challenge aspect, instead of just running a McClaren in the British Lightweights.. lol :D

^Did you use a new GT-R Vspec?
I ran a few practice laps before taking it online, providing you make no mistakes and push hard it's easily doable. (I did it with AT!)
I think I also took the weight down to 1150g.

I used the GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001) '01 completely stock.

First try I finished 6th.
Second try I finished 2nd (but a far 2nd).
Then I painted it (:)), tuned it up to 487HP, dropped the weight to 1269KG, LSD, carbon driveshaft and SS tires. My third try was a win by a car length (not sure about time though).

Fun events 👍 I wish they would cycle them faster though, or offer more (like 10 events). I only have the RX-7 and Fiat ones left :lol:

Oh yeah ... No assists except ABS on 1.

Last edited:
With full simulation driving everything settings, the best I could get was 2nd with 5 seconds off the pace.

I tried it today with Skid recovery force and ABS 1. And I won by 5 seconds. I know Skid recovery force is cheat etc etc but I just really wanted the exp plus cash.

Hey at least I didn't just come on here and go "yeah I got into my GT-R '07 and won it EASY".

These seasonal events were huge fun. I had to buy a GT-R '07 for the last event and tune it a little. It was fun (although not one of my prefered cars).
A piece of advice: don't go for over hard set up, since the sport tires cannot utilize it and you lose traction (although the GT-Rs have tremendous grip out of corners).
I finished 1st on the 3rd try comfortably after some re-tuning.

Generally, these events cannot be done from the first try, I think, since usually you dont exactly know well the car you are racing. However, over 2-3 tries, you improve a lot. The little FIAT gave me some trouble, though :)

Hey at least I didn't just come on here and go "yeah I got into my GT-R '07 and won it EASY".

It's kinda easy if you put in some practice before heading into the race and get to know the car. I started with just ABS 1 on some practice laps (not online) but after 15mins of good lap times I switched it off and noticed hardly any difference apart from the first corner. Second attempt came after the practice, I raced hard and won.

GT-R SpecV '09 here too with Weight 3 reduction Racing air filter and LSC and sports suspension.

Won by less than half a second but took the GT40 on the last turn, he basically the caught me up on the last straight but i was prepared to block him if needs be.

Won by exactly 7.000 seconds after about 10-15 attempts and not being able to get within 3 seconds. The lines of the track just finally clicked for me and I knew I had it by lap 3

The lines of the track just finally clicked for me and I knew I had it by lap 3

Yeah, same for me. I hadn't raced this track since GT4 several years ago so was a bit out of shape. A few laps in practice mode and it was like I'd never been away!
(I don't find the usual racing line through most corners the fastest way around for me)

I used the GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001) '01 completely stock.

First try I finished 6th.
Second try I finished 2nd (but a far 2nd).
Then I painted it (:)), tuned it up to 487HP, dropped the weight to 1269KG, LSD, carbon driveshaft and SS tires. My third try was a win by a car length (not sure about time though).

Fun events 👍 I wish they would cycle them faster though, or offer more (like 10 events). I only have the RX-7 and Fiat ones left :lol:

Oh yeah ... No assists except ABS on 1.

Same..

Almost..lol..had 3 runs, 1st was stock - 3rd place around 25s behind. Then tuned it a bit 2nd with about 14s. Then 2nd with 4s. A few more runs and I'll have it.

I used the GT-R V-spec with maximum allowed HP.
I managed to get third the first time, second the second and the third attempt I overtook the last car in the last corner before the straight.

I hate the fiat and the mazda race... have tried it a few times now and silver is my best result

Back