Seasonal Event: RX-7 '90

• Thread starter setiono
  • 15 comments
setiono
Greetings guys,

I just purchased the RX-7 '90 for the seasonal event, without realising that when you bought the car, it was 197bhp from the factory, and then I have spent a lot of credits on transmission, chassis upgrades, but when I changed the oil, and it bumped up to 208bhp. :( But the thing is.. the restriction is 204bhp, is there any other way to tune down / undo the oil change? Coz the resale value is only 7k, considering I have spent approx 50k on this car.

Thanks in advance.

You can't undo an oil change but you can run the car until it starts to lose HP. Not sure how many miles upon miles you will have to do that.

I decided not to give it an oil change, for fear of exeeding the power limit. I just bought a Sports Catalytic Converter which gave me 204BHP and got gold in this event.

Tip...if you have not done any races yet after you have modded a car...resetting the game puts it all back to stock. Pretty much is doesnt do an autosave until you finish a race.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I know it's inexpensive, but I have spent more than 50k on the upgrades alone.

Anyone have a tune for this car? I am having trouble with it understeering, then eating tires as I swing the back end out in corners to compensate.

Anyone have a tune for this car? I am having trouble with it understeering, then eating tires as I swing the back end out in corners to compensate.

I'm having the opposite problem, mine is looses as a goose!
It wants to drift every corner & I suck at drifting.
Can't get past 2nd place with it this loose.

I got the wing and front spoiler in gt auto (debatable if it makes much difference but I felt it gave some kind of slight improvement in handling). Stiffen up the springs to almost racecar stiffness (Almost full stiffness on semi suspension, 10.0 ish for full customisation) and bump up all dampers a couple of notches around 6 is good I found for full customization(maximum 3 on semi), negative camber F 2.0 R 0.5, brakes F6 R4. I did it with the control pad wasn't too bad this car, can carry a good speed and momentum from after the 1st tunnel for whole lap up to turn 1.

Started with Kingpin's tune @ https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=148083#post4384683

made some minor tweaks and caught and passed the silvia on turn 1 of the final lap.

Tune/Parts
------------
Sports Intake Manifold
FC Transmission (Max Speed set to 250km/h)
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD (10/40/20)
Carbon Drive Shaft
FC Suspension (Ride Height -25F/-15R, Spring Rate 4.5F/6.0R, Dampers EX 3/3, Dampers Com 4/4, Anti-roll 4/4, Camber .5F/1.5R, Toe -.20F/-.05R)
Brakes (6F/4R)
Front Aero Kit

Surprised to hear that your rx7 is understeering. It should be oversteering, a lot.

Guys, don't go overzealous with upgrades for this one, it's one of the easyer.
You'll not get it from the first try, but will improve massively on the next 2 and probably nail it in 3-5 tries max, getting to know that especial car on that especial track.
Valid for all seasonal events. Hardest to gold is the 500 one :)

Latest Posts

Back