Sega F355 Challenge

• Thread starter LegacySTI
  • 7 comments
Having playing GT1-3, Prologue, PGR1-2... I took out my Dreamcast and hooked up F355 Challenge.

I'm impressed by how much the handling in the game is still much more realistic than both GT + PGR series..

F355's handling is not as forgiving as PGR or GT series, it forces you to drive on a clean line much like realistic racing.

I don't know how much track experience many gamers have but I can tell you that in real racing you don't go full speed in certain turns and expect the car to break on a dime unless you take the proper entry. That's what F355 simulates pretty well that if you brake too late brakes can go you're gonna run into the side.

I can see why GT or PGR series appeal to gamers but F355 has the handling done perfectly, oversteer can be felt and chicanes requires proper line and timing.

The graphics in F355 is dated and I hope Sega makes a F355 or F360 Challenge 2.

I disagree. I thought the game was a hokey piece of crap. GT3 still has the best realism in driving of any video game.

I believe there is an F355 game for PS2, but was a major let down.

I hooked up my dc in my room a while ago for when there's nothing else to do and I cant use the big tv. F355 Challenge is so much harder and I'd agree that it is more realistic than GT3 because it so much less forgiving. You actually have to feather the throttle and brake and be more precise with steering inputs if you dont want to end up in the wall. Plus it doesnt have a bright red blinking light to tell you when to brake and what gear do shift too. It does have the assists that can be easily turned on or off during the race for newbs because of its difficulty. Its also got all the custimization that youd need other than upgrades for obvious reasons. I never made it too first place in F355 before I got frustrated and went out.

edit: well after thinking about it, i dont really think its that much more realistic only because I'm sure gt has more math going on in the background but F355 is definatly harder and more rewarding.

I like the arcade version. :D

The only complaint I have about the arcade version is the clutch feel and the shifter.

Did anyone ever play a F355 arcade setup that had either a VMU memory slot or an option to purchase a datalog printout of your laps?

Back