Sega GT 2002 - can't win the dam drag race

I have tried just about everything and I can't manage to win the darn drag race. That's the only one I can't finish. I've tried the vette, GT, Viper, Imprezza, Super Seven... I've tried going from 6th at the start to third and then through the gears... I've played with the settings.

I have gotten into the 8's every once in a while but I can't win that in entirely - I've only gotten to the super seven.

What car is the best and how do I tune it to win?????

I tried it with that but no luck... how do you tune it and what parts do you use - transmission etc??? The Impreza is a 5 speed I think and I have all the turbos etc...

What times did you get? The super seven hit low 8 and I couldn't top that...

How many stages of Turbo and NA Tune are there?

xbox and Sega GT2002 suck ass, although I can't believe it but the graphics actually look decent at times, better than NFS:U

lets see.... i think iv won it in a gt,rx7, charger,chevelle,and a skyline i think its been a while since ive played it:D but i have won like most of the races iv run in the gt
try the gt with nitro if you havent already
o and harden the suspenion and max out the boost pressure in what ever ya race because thats what iv done
good luck:)

Originally posted by whosyodaddy
I tried it with that but no luck... how do you tune it and what parts do you use - transmission etc??? The Impreza is a 5 speed I think and I have all the turbos etc...

What times did you get? The super seven hit low 8 and I couldn't top that...

How many stages of Turbo and NA Tune are there?
I cannot remember because i played that game like last year ago or so. But i know i used Automatic. So..maybe you could use it instead of MT. The part? I just maxed it out like i said. I forgot how to tune. Sorry..

Thanks folks, I sold the GT last night and tried it with the GT Concept and Won but I had to run low 8 second 1/4's to win. This is the last event I haven't finished so I suspect that the number of days played or the type of car affect the competition you face in the drags, the super Sever ran a 8.35 and the Viper concept 8.5 but I managed to get luck on those and ran a little faster.

thanks again.

PS I had a PS2 for a couple of years but it ot stolen a few months back and I bought this second hand. GT3 does have much more options and tracks but I think I like the feel of this a little better and it seems a little more realistic in how damage and going off track affect performance. In GT3 you could get a great car and literally run it around the wall and still win...

Originally posted by VipFREAK
xbox and Sega GT2002 suck ass, although I can't believe it but the graphics actually look decent at times, better than NFS:U
hmm... If you think that...WHY ARE YOU IN THE X-BOX FORUM? :confused:

I'm going with K7 on this one. I would think someone would limit themselves to forums that pertain to them. And this is a forum that Vip shouldn't have visited. Well, he probably won't make a return run. That is, unless he likes getting yelled at.

The first time around I used a maxed up Evo7, Beat everything.

Second time around I used the Ford GT tuned out.

Check gamefaqs.com for the nitro boost trick. I've never used it but its there.

Originally posted by LaBounti
Check gamefaqs.com for the nitro boost trick. I've never used it but its there.

ive used it :D

Attachments

• im000184.jpg
    im000184.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 121
Jesus that's quick, what's the 350Z like in other races?

Also, what are the highest mod levels for Turbo etc? Is there a super racing available for everything or only for some components????

I beat it several times with a maxed out Ford GT Concept, you gotta get closed mission and high gear kit too. its a close race against the seven though... Keep the settings on normal same goes for tuning:D

Back