Should i get an Xbox?

• Thread starter m@goo
  • 74 comments
After seeing a few more of your posts, I wonder if I've missed something. Is there a difference between the controller that comes with initial purchase, and a Controller S? I'm just using what came in the box origionally. I like how PS2 has 4 button options (R1/R2, L1/L2) so I don't have to take my thumbs off the steering and gas to do things like look behind me, etc. I enjoy the "triggers" on the XBOX for better control of throttle etc, but long term use of it is uncomfortable for some reason. Perhaps I'm just a pansy. :lol:

Why would you have to take your fingers off the shoulder buttons to use the other stick?? I can easily use the triggers, and the other buttons.

xbox-pad.jpg

crap old pad

21077887.JPG

DECENT S pad :)

and yes you are a pansy :dopey:

code_kev
Why would you have to take your fingers off the shoulder buttons to use the other stick?? I can easily use the triggers, and the other buttons.

xbox-pad.jpg

crap old pad

21077887.JPG

DECENT S pad :)

and yes you are a pansy :dopey:
The pic of the old pad didn't show up, but the picture of the S pad did, and that's what came with my purchase. In answer to your question, I have to take my finger off the green button (which I have set up as my gas because I don't like using the "trigger" for gas and braking), whenever I want to look behind me with the yellow button. I bought several games with the purchase of the system (5, I think) and have yet to try anything but PGR out at this point, so perhaps it won't bother me so much with a different title. For racing though, it doesn't make various manipultions as easy as it should be IMO.

Lethalchem
The pic of the old pad didn't show up, but the picture of the S pad did, and that's what came with my purchase. In answer to your question, I have to take my finger off the green button (which I have set up as my gas because I don't like using the "trigger" for gas and braking), whenever I want to look behind me with the yellow button. I bought several games with the purchase of the system (5, I think) and have yet to try anything but PGR out at this point, so perhaps it won't bother me so much with a different title. For racing though, it doesn't make various manipultions as easy as it should be IMO.

Um.......can't you make the triggers to look behind you? Dunno, i've never switched mine around.

OFC it's difficult, your playing it the crap way. Get used to triggers and there's no probs. btw, you could also keep yor thumb on green, and your index finger can press yellow. You could also use the other thumbstick to look about your car.

code_kev
OFC it's difficult, your playing it the crap way. Get used to triggers and there's no probs. btw, you could also keep yor thumb on green, and your index finger can press yellow. You could also use the other thumbstick to look about your car.

looking around the car is cool. It's kind of like a replay while you're actually racing. If you're screwing around of course. I wouldn't advise doing it a lot if you're trying to complete a platinum cone challenge.

I like triggers and analog sticks better than face buttons and d pads, maybe that's why I like it better than my DS2

code_kev

I shouldn't HAVE to do it any one way. A proper controller should have enough variation so anyone can find something comfortable. Using an index finger to get to the yellow is akward and unwieldy. A good controller should be intuitive and straightforward. Like it all you want, I think it blows. Everybody has an opinion.

Lethalchem
I shouldn't HAVE to do it any one way. A proper controller should have enough variation so anyone can find something comfortable. Using an index finger to get to the yellow is akward and unwieldy. A good controller should be intuitive and straightforward. Like it all you want, I think it blows. Everybody has an opinion.

guess so... :indiff:

Interestingly enough the only reason why the Controller S came out was because the original controller was hated and despised the world over....except for in America. Though maybe gamers there hated it too. I didn't like the pad and I missed having the two extra shoulder buttons as found on the PS2 controller. I always use the right stick for accelerate/brake.
The black and white buttions seemed piontless as they were hard to reach. The buttons were uncomfortable when playing DOA as they were an odd shape.

I had an X-Box on release with Halo, Dead or Alive 3 and PGR. But I sold it all 6 months later. Now I'm thinking of getting one again. The new controller looks a lot better.
The reason why I'm thinking of getting it again is on the strength of a few games; Halo 2 (I did like the first one though it didn't deserve some of the 10/10 reviews it got), Forza Motorsport, Fable and Star Wars: Republic Commando which looks better than Halo 2 personally. But maybe this is not a good enough reason. I'd be lucky to get 1 game every 2 months for the X-Box. I don't know if it's worth it. :confused:

okay. XBox = booo, i personally don't like it.
well... it's good for some reasons: multiplayer games and online play.
I like the online play, because you get a headset, like socom for ps2.

i'd get a Xbox just for halo 2

Well, at the moment the games I want for PS2 seem to be Star Wars Battlegrounds in September, GTA San Andreas in October, Killzone in November (perhaps?) and GT4 in December. I guess I have time for X-Box games in-between.
Oh, I know a place online where I can get one of those PS2 controller to X-Box converter thingy's! That'd be good!.
X-Box live does look good but no way can I play online yet. I'm on a capped ISP (Wannadoo = booo!). 👎

oh yeah. also, xbox is too big. bigger than ps2. how big can it be?
the first controller was huge, baraly held it with my hands.
it's also heavyyyy :P

So because it's about 1 inch bigger all around, it sucks? Wierd reasoning that.

We should all play with systems that are the size of sony discmans right?

As long as I have shelf space under my tv (which is made to fit vcrs and dvd players that are much larger) I don't care about size.

What a stupid reason to hate a console.

JW31
oh yeah. also, xbox is too big. bigger than ps2. how big can it be?
the first controller was huge, baraly held it with my hands.
it's also heavyyyy :P

I guess your little azn hands can't wrap around the newer controller huh. Even though it's about the same size as the PS2 controller.

And so what it's a bigger console, wtf are you doing traveling all around korea with it? Last time i checked mine hasn't moved from infront of my tv.

lol and it's heave are you kidding me. wtf are you doing picking it up and moving it?

Those are the dumbest reasons i've ever heard for not liking a Xbox

Back