• Thread starter TJ13
  • 25 comments

TJ13

Dark Theme. Thank you.
Premium
United States
Minnesota
TJ136
Just picked up Downpour and well its good overall but a bit confusing in the beginning,
Anyone else into the Silent Hill series?

Loved number 2.
As far as I was concerned it beat any resi evil and ranks as one of the most disturbing games ever.

Read the downpour review on IGN and they gave it a bashing.

Silent Hill 3 was my favorite and the last one I played of the series. I haven't touched any of the outsourced developed Silent Hills as of yet. I'm currently waiting for the HD collection. 👍

I loved 1/2 and same as Ddrizle I never continued after # 4 : The Room. Considering checking out Downpour, wish they would release a PC version of it though :(

Also imo, just cause IGN gave it a bashing doesn't mean the game is bad

Loved number 2.
As far as I was concerned it beat any resi evil and ranks as one of the most disturbing games ever.

I agree. To everyone that's into these kind of games, you should definitely play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. If you think Silent Hill is scary, wait 'til you play that one...

Picked up the collection today well yesterday, and once again I am sitting around to install game data, another 4 gigs. that makes 8.5 gigs for just the 2 silent hill games

From what I've been reading up about this HD collection, I am saddened. New voice actors for Silent Hill 2&3 with an option for the old voices in Silent Hill 2 only. Changes to the graphics dark nature. Konami outsourced the development to Hijinx Studios, who's past games are of questionable quality in my opinion.

This HD remake had issues on the PS3. A patch was released. but it seems the patch did little to fix frame rate, lip synching and control issues. I'll try to find the old PS2 versions and get those at a decent price.

My hopes are now diminished as far as the Zone Of The Enders HD collection is concerned. If Hijinx Studios is behind this remake, then I'll definately pass.

Ru-fus
Also imo, just cause IGN gave it a bashing doesn't mean the game is bad

Oh I can agree with that.
The original art director isn't impressed either.
Apparently there is less fog than the PS2 version.
Not a problem you might think, however the environments are not complete and the lack of Fog shows this up.

Its been a while since I've played the originals (still have 2, but no ps2) and I thought Homecoming was alright, still thinking about Downpour. I've been waiting for HD collection for quite some time now and am very excited to be picking it up tomorrow when I get back home... been paid for since b4 october I believe

downpour is good just that their side quests are a bit harder than expected. since I already missed like 3 of them since I didn't talk to everyone in the town I was in before I left.

Silent Hill 1 is currently "free" for Playstation Plus members, well here at least. That was the only one I completed, awesome stuff. The fog effect was kinda messed up when I tried it with upscaling on PS2, I should see if that happens on the PS3.

I enjoyed 2 but for some reason put it on ice, need to go back to it. Played a demo of The Room and didn't like the fact that there were zombies that seemed to respawn. I prefer to clear an area without respawning so I can have a good look around. Made it a little arcadey and although the idea of the room/apartment was cool, it made the game feel kinda small too.

Would be interested if someone who has played all the games could summarize them?

Would be interested if someone who has played all the games could summarize them?
SH1: The dude comes driving into town, the cop passes on a no-passing lane and then a ghost appear and he skids and crashes and wakes up and the "daughter" (Cheryl) runs off. He chases after her into town and the town is evil.
SH2: James Sunderland got a letter from his dead wife from the town. That seems weird so he goes there to find out what the hell is going on. And hell is going on. The town is evil.
SH3: The real daughter of... the first SH dude I think goes about doing random shoppin at the mall. But the mall turns evil and is situated in SH. Mystery goes about and that sect seems up to no good. Bathtubs fill with blood.
The Room: You know about this one.
SH5-50: The gamescompanies are evil. They throw in jumpscares, combatsystems, sidequests and dlc so that gamers can pwn monsters in awsome satisfying ways. I think maybe the next one will have quickscoping too and will feature the fat riffs of AC/DC soundtrack "Highway to Hell".

Even greater summaries are available on the web. 👍

Last edited:
Is there still a lack of ammo and health like the other ones, and do u have to find the save points still?

In Downpour there is an autosave after each "segment" but in the HD collection you still have to find them.

I loved the first when I was younger.

Got the HD Collection on my PS3, didn't noticed any problems but played too little.

My first time with Silent Hill was just last year with SH1, after hearing my mate constant worship of the Silent Hill series with it's UFO endings and such. I gave it a go. made it all the way up to the final Boss Battle only to have said mate pick up the controller and finish the game when I left the room. I did manage to watch the ending when I came back in. *sigh* But I did pick up the HD collection and about half way thru Downpour.

With Downpour..eh.. couldn't they have mixed up the "monsters" a bit more? To be attacked first by one, open a pathway , and then be attacked by two more of the same monster is not really as exciting to me.

Konami patching up both Silent Hill Downpour and HD Collection

KONAMI ANNOUNCES UPCOMING PATCHES FOR SILENT HILL DOWNPOUR AND HD COLLECTION

New online patch will correct frame rate and audio synch issues

Today, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced that online patches for both Silent Hill Downpour and Silent Hill HD Collection are currently in development and will be released soon.

Understanding the issues some users are experiencing, development teams are currently creating online patches for both games, which will fix the frame rate issues, the audio-synching in Silent Hill HD Collection, and the Auto-Save issues in Silent Hill Downpour. Players have voiced their concerns, and solutions to these issues will be fixed and launched in the coming weeks.

Patches for Silent Hill Downpour and Silent Hill HD Collection will be made available on both XBOX®Live Arcade and PlayStation®Network. Both Silent Hill Downpour and Silent Hill HD Collection are available at retail stores nationwide.

Silent Hill HD Collection Patch Releases On PS3 Tomorrow, X360 Release TBA

Announced on the Silent Hill Community forum, Konami producer Tomm Hulett announced that the patch will be available tomorrow and fix several issues. The list is as follows:

• Improved Framerate
• Voice Synch is greatly improved
• Missing sounds have been fixed
• Missing music has been addressed
• Fog density issues are resolved
• Other minor visual/audio improvements

Credit: CJ Melendez

Wow that's an impressive patch.
I'll wait and see what digital foundry make of this before I buy.

Loved SH2 but the reviews were awful. Hope they get it right.

Silent Hill HD Collection Xbox 360 patch cancelled

GamingEverything & Konami
A new patch is available for Silent Hill HD Collection… that is, for PlayStation 3 users. Players can download the update through PSN.

Unfortunately, Konami will no longer be bringing the patch to the Xbox 360. The company cited “technical issues and resources” as reasons for its change of plans.

Speaking about the Xbox 360 patch cancellation, Konami said that it “apologizes to any players who are continuing to experience these issues”.

The patch fixes a couple of important issues relating to the collection’s frame rate and audio-synching.

sucks for Xbox, but good for ps3 I guess. Haven't played any.

The old MS curse. I'm sure it costs a lot more to release a patch on Xbox.

Crazy.

Silent Hill HD Collection ported from unfinished code

1UP
Silent Hill HD Collection was ported from incomplete code, Konami has revealed.

Developer Hyjinx was forced to work with buggy code because Konami lost the final release version of the game, senior associate producer Tomm Hulett told 1up.

"We got all the source code that Konami had on file - which it turns out wasn't the final release version of the games!

"During debug we didn't just have to deal with the expected 'porting' bugs, but also had to squash some bugs that the original team obviously removed prior to release, but we'd never seen before."
He added: "I think at one point [Silent Hill 3 protagonist] Heather was blue."

Hulett blamed poor archiving for this impediment. "10 years ago, a lot of game companies assumed the games were 'done' once development finished, and that they wouldn't need to use that data ever again.

This is old news, but shows that this HD Collection was just a complete mess from the very start.

Konami offering free games to Xbox 360 owners of Silent Hill HD Collection

Examiner
Konami Digital Entertainment is offering a little bit of compensation for owners of the Xbox 360 version of Silent Hill HD Collection following their patch cancellation announcement. Customers who bought a new copy of the game before August 8th can email Konami’s costumer support with a receipt in order to get a free game from a list of selected Konami titles.

For those of you who purchased the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection NEW and still have a receipt to prove it, if you send an email to customersupport@kde-us.com expressing your displeasure about the lack of further patches, you will be presented with a list of select games to choose a free copy from. The list is below. While not a great selection, it’s still better than nothing.

NDS:
BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
BEYBLADE: METAL MASTERS (Hudson)
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus

3DS:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3DS (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3DS (PES 2012)
Frogger 3DS
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Nikolis Pencil Puzzle
Deca Sports Freedom

Wii:
BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
Castlevania Judgement
Dance Dance Revolution (2010)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011) Bundle
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Deca Sports 2 (Hudson)
Deca Sports 3 (Hudson)
Def Jam Rapstar
Dewy's Adventure
Fishing Master (Hudson)
Karaoke Revolution Glee
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 2
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 3
Marble Saga Kororinpa (Hudson)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PES 2008)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson)
The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice
Wing Island (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Wheelie Breakers

PS2:
Contra: Shattered Soldier
Frogger: The Great Quest
Karaoke Revolution Party
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
SLAI: Steel Lancer Arena International
Suikoden III
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Yu Gi Oh! Duelists of the Roses

PS3:
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Dance Revolution (2010) Bundle
Hellboy The Science of Evil
Karaoke Revolution Bundle (2009) Bundle
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (MGS4)
Neverdead
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PES 2009)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Silent Hill HD
Silent Hill Downpour

PSP:
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Rengoku
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 5

XBOX 360:
Adrenalin Misfits
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Masters (Kinect)
DDR Universe 3 bundle
DDR (2010) Bundle
Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect)
Jimmy Johnson
Karaoke Revolution (2009) Bundle
KR Glee vol. 3
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Neverdead
Otomedius Excellent
Otomedius Excellent LE
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Latin America - 30101 )
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Canada/US)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Latin America - 30126)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Canada/US)
Rock Revolution
Rumble Roses
Silent Hill Downpour

XBOX:
AirForce Delta Storm
Bloody Roar Extreme
Castlevania:Curse of Darkness
DDR Ultramix
DDR Ultramix 2
DDR Ultramix 3 bundle
DDR Ultramix 4 bundle