Site slowdown causes double posts.

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that lately when people press on "post reply", there is a temporary slowdown (before the message was posted almost directly), prompting many people to press "post reply" again out of impatience which creates double posts everywhere as a consequence i think.

I'm sure you noticed it already, but just wanted to say it anyway.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that lately when people press on "post reply", there is a temporary slowdown (before the message was posted almost directly), prompting many people to press "post reply" again out of impatience which creates double posts everywhere as a consequence i think.

I noticed the double posts but haven't done it myself also I am not experiencing any slowdown at all :crazy:

I noticed the double posts but haven't done it myself also I am not experiencing any slowdown at all :crazy:
I experienced the loading but remembered from a while ago, that if you press "post reply" again it would create a double post. I work on a slow little notebook but seeing so many people have it nowadays isn't normal.

We know. :)

Jordan has done some work on it but if it's still happening, there might be more for him to look in to.

Mine hangs anyway due to the fact that I'm on my phone using Opera Mini most of the time, but I've gotten used to it.

Is that a question ? Well I can not only edit my posts ... Not sure maybe if your a paid member
Nope, neither can paid members.

Neither can mods, technically, however they can make it so only mods can see the post. Which makes it look to you and me as if it were deleted. I believe, not sure, that admins can delete posts.

I find that sometimes clicking post reply doesn't do anything at all on first clicking, but this rarely results in double posts for me.

I believe, not sure, that admins can delete posts.

As far as I know, all content that there ever was on GTP still exists, whether it be hidden posts or banned members, all kept for record keeping purposes.

Sorry for the problems; I am working on tracking down the source of the issue. Meanwhile, I have increased the minimum time limit between posts to 30 seconds which should help prevent these double-post floods.

Of course, if you experience a delay posting your message, please just be patient or refresh the page before hitting the "Post Reply" button again.

Cheers. I had one earlier where I posted, refreshed, and it wasn't there. So I went to type again thinking it wasn't sent and suddenly two posts appeared.

Glad this is here. I was more curious than anything (no recent doubles from me as far as I know) and was able to find the answer. ;)

I had the same problem months ago. Since GTP is working perfectly, I don't make this mistake anymore. :P

Really? Slow posting? That issue was pretty clear to see in my monitoring tools, but everything looks fine now.

Back