"Slow on the Uptake" by Satoshi Bando Appreciation Post! Somebody call Snoop!!

BEMBEMBOWBOW
Hands down, the best menu track on the whole game! Has a west coast/musiq soulchild feel to it. I had no idea that had so much soul in the far east. I swear it had me doing the "Snoop"!

As a honest to goodness music lover, I have to say, GT5 has one of the best non-licensed soundtracks since Street of Rage 2.

BTW, is there an official soundtrack sub-forum?

Hands down, the best menu track on the whole game! Has a west coast/musiq soulchild feel to it. I had no idea that had so much soul in the far east. I swear it had me doing the "Snoop"!

As a honest to goodness music lover, I have to say, GT5 has one of the best non-licensed soundtracks since Street of Rage 2.

BTW, is there an official soundtrack sub-forum?

I know there is a soundtrack. Here you go.:)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134576

I whole-heartedly agree. The first time I heard the song, I had to stop what I was doing in the menu and just had to play it out! Then I scoured the listings to see which one it was! haha I thought the beat almost had a JDilla type feel almost.

But yeah, the soundtrack to this game is phenomenal.

I whole-heartedly agree. The first time I heard the song, I had to stop what I was doing in the menu and just had to play it out! Then I scoured the listings to see which one it was! haha I thought the beat almost had a JDilla type feel almost.

But yeah, the soundtrack to this game is phenomenal.

Exactly what i thought when i heard this! it definitely has a a J dilla sound to it, especially in the drums and the way the rhodes piano is played to sound like its been sampled. I wouldnt be surprised if Satoshi's inspiration for this track was from dilla.

Wouldn't be surprised either. Just the way the drums are kinda almost pushing the beat while the keys are hangin' back...definitely Dilla 'esque

Exactly what i thought when i heard this! it definitely has a a J dilla sound to it, especially in the drums and the way the rhodes piano is played to sound like its been sampled. I wouldnt be surprised if Satoshi's inspiration for this track was from dilla.

I wouldn't be surprised. One of the post race songs sounds EXTREMELY like Selena's Dreaming.

i hate how gamespot and ign took off points b/c they said they hate the music, screw them, i guess they like justin beiber.

the music in this game is awesome, not as good as GT1, but still better than most video games nowaday

I didn't know Asian dudes knew about layin' back until I heard this song. Props to that guy for having good musical influences.

Check out "Smooth Talking" by the same artist. It's pretty sick, too. It starts off a little on the 'smooth jazz' side, but then there's an awesome "west coast whistle"-style synth solo in the middle of the song(feel free to use that term if you havn't already heard of it:), just don't bastardize it!:grumpy:). It's also in the Jazz section near "Slow on the Uptake".

And, you guys that were complaining about IGN and Gamespot's comments about the music, I couldn't agree with you more. I love both of those sites, but they need to worry about what they know best, games. Sometimes they don't even get that right, they definitely don't need to be assuming that they have credible opinions on what makes for good or bad music.

My biggest disappointment was hearing that My Chemical Romance was involved with the game, let alone, promoted as the main theme of the game. And, replacing "Moon Over the Castle"? That is like comparing a **** sandwich and a non-**** sandwich in a taste test. Does Kaz Yam think that we like to eat ****? I sure don't!

I'm pretty dang certain that Sony wanted that milquetoast MCR song in instead of the good 'ol--well, you know, the actual theme to Gran Turismo! Sickening choice, probably merely for marketing and money purposes. At least I can understand the Prokofiev in the first half.

As much as Satoshi can pull off great stuff, Yudai Satoh and Norihito Sumitomi do some even better charts from where I stand.

I never really thought twice about this or any other meni song. But hearing it now, while typing this post really makes me want to relax into a deep sleep. it has a beautiful rhythm and a very nice, casual beatline that is nearly unbeatable in the entire game.

👍 thanks for making me reconsider this piece of art :)

I dislike all the music posted in this thread so far TBH. My fave song on GT5 has to be Go! by My Chemical Romance =P

I dislike all the music posted in this thread so far TBH. My fave song on GT5 has to be Go! by My Chemical Romance =P

While that is a good for a "Pop" song, it has nothing on a classically styled, well orchestrated piece of music. Mainstream music has gone from an art composed by talented people, to seeing who can scream louder, look weirder, swear more or most wonrringly of all, make the most money.

Music isn't about money, it's about making a song that touches the audience in such a way that it brightens up a listeners day. (& you can put that on a T Shirt)

I can't deny that GT5 has a very good Jazz and Lounge music collection.
And this song is an excellent sample.

While that is a good for a "Pop" song, it has nothing on a classically styled, well orchestrated piece of music. Mainstream music has gone from an art composed by talented people, to seeing who can scream louder, look weirder, swear more or most wonrringly of all, make the most money.

Music isn't about money, it's about making a song that touches the audience in such a way that it brightens up a listeners day. (& you can put that on a T Shirt)

Classical music sucks. Same goes for "classically styled" too. And really, I will give you, a lot of pop artists nowadays have no talent. But the majority do. Unfortunately, the ones with no talent attract most attention for the reasons stated above.

I know this thread is olddd, but I was listening to this track,

and I INSTANTLY knew where the sample came from. its 2023, still rockin to this song. Legendary.

Back