So can we not race anything better than a Gr.3 in career mode?!

• Thread starter ebadevil
  • 23 comments
United States
Atlanta, GA
EBA_Devil
So I bought the Chaparral and Dodge VGTs thinking I could race them around SSX. Nope! I saved up enough thinking that I want to get a LeMans/Gr.1 car, can't take it anywhere either! Even Gr.2 cars, the better ones are around 850pp so you really have to destroy them to get under 800pp and the ones that are like 805pp could be tuned down but at that point an upgraded Gr.3 is probably a better choice. Am I missing something here? Seems like there's nowhere to race any of the better race cars in the game in single player mode. C'mon PD! You didn't have to make driving those cars part of the menus, but is it that much to ask to give us a race or two either with like 900pp and/or no pp at all where people can take the better race cars?!

So I bought the Chaparral and Dodge VGTs thinking I could race them around SSX. Nope! I saved up enough thinking that I want to get a LeMans/Gr.1 car, can't take it anywhere either! Even Gr.2 cars, the better ones are around 850pp so you really have to destroy them to get under 800pp and the ones that are like 805pp could be tuned down but at that point an upgraded Gr.3 is probably a better choice. Am I missing something here? Seems like there's nowhere to race any of the better race cars in the game in single player mode. C'mon PD! You didn't have to make driving those cars part of the menus, but is it that much to ask to give us a race or two either with like 900pp and/or no pp at all where people can take the better race cars?!
I feel you but at least you can set up your own races so you can still race them.. I understand your point though.

Nah I’m with you big time! I’m sure PD knows how bad this is.. hopefully in a couple weeks!
It's such an oversight. Like I was so excited to buy all these cars but now I'm sort of like, I'll just get a couple of supercars (but they're not even that expensive) and I guess just save money for UCD (that hardly ever refreshes) and legendary cars?

It's such an oversight. Like I was so excited to buy all these cars but now I'm sort of like, I'll just get a couple of supercars (but they're not even that expensive) and I guess just save money for UCD (that hardly ever refreshes) and legendary cars?
What’s crazy my UCD has updated twice today!

Strange, My UCD hasn't changed since day 1, even though I purchased a number of cars from it.
Exactly my UCD was bad man I’m like what the heck… I will say this I’m about to finish these books and notice that the UCD had cars I could use for the book races. So maybe that I’m about to finish it updates more?

Last edited:
Exactly my UCD was bad man I’m like what the heck… I will say this I’m about to finish these books and notice that the UCD had cars I could use for the book races. So maybe that I’m about to finish it updates more?
The cars at the top of the list are always related to the menu book you're on

5 cars.. I normally a don’t get any til like a full day!
That's interesting. Granted, I might not be paying attention to some of the weaker cars at the top of the list but it really doesn't seem like it has changed much at all since the start. I think the couple of civics are new, I think the Integra is new? But the rest seems like it's been there since Friday

I love me a good rant post. I didn’t care to read more than OP so excuse me if someone already said this.

GT Mode will be expanded upon, like GTS. Maybe there aren’t any now, but in the future I’m sure we’ll have loads.

Of course not, silly! They have to have SOMETHING to doll out in little crumbs over the next 3 years, that way they can look like they're "generous" lol

Seriously though, I was shocked when I found out the offline portion just ends after the National class races. Honestly thought it was a joke when the credits ran, but 3min later I wasn't laughing...

It's still no excuse for GT7 having less events than GTS did at the end. They've gone backwards.
I didn’t say otherwise.
PP seems to favor poor cars tuned up rather than elite cars tuned down.
Which to me is awesome. Probably not gonna touch many race cars now that we can make our own. :D ish.

Yeah it feels like half a game. There's not even like a MX-5 Touring Car spec series or anything, just road cars, group 4 and group 3.

I didn’t say otherwise.

Which to me is awesome. Probably not gonna touch many race cars now that we can make our own. :D ish.

It would be sort of okay but PP also seems biased against light cars with lots of downforce which are my favorite kind.

It would be sort of okay but PP also seems biased against light cars with lots of downforce which are my favorite kind.
Yeah, single player has essentially become "how much hp can you cram into a car before you run out of pp" mode

Back