So, the Platinum trophy.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jamiemb17
There are two trophies that haven't been unlocked by anyone yet:

One for achieving the "Rain License" - I'm guessing this will be available at a later date? Have we had word on that?

And this one:

Three Legendary Cars - Acquired three legendary race cars that were once destined to win 24-hour races

Please forgive my ignorance, for I am admittedly not as cultured as some of you; but the first cars that came to my head were the 330 P4, the Mark IV Race Car, and the XJ13. A quick search tells me these cars all won 24 hour races (please correct me if I'm mistaken about that). Do you think or do we have any word that we specifically need these three cars?

And, well admittedly I haven't looked for these cars in Brand Central, and can't right now, but given that no one has the trophy, I'm guessing they will be available at certain limited times for 20,000,000 cr. each within Legend Cars. Would you agree?

There are two trophies that haven't been unlocked by anyone yet:

One for achieving the "Rain License" - I'm guessing this will be available at a later date? Have we had word on that?
The rain license trophy is currently bugged.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_8730173.html

11.Trophies
- Clearing all license tests on wet surfaces does not award the Bronze trophy ‘Rain Master’.

Please forgive my ignorance, for I am admittedly not as cultured as some of you; but the first cars that came to my head were the 330 P4, the Mark IV Race Car, and the XJ13. A quick search tells me these cars all won 24 hour races (please correct me if I'm mistaken about that). Do you think or do we have any word that we specifically need these three cars?
The XJ13 never won any races, or entered any, or even drove anywhere. After Jaguar abandoned all development of it, it was stored until it was destroyed in a high speed crash during a promo photoshoot for the Jaguar E-Type at MIRA.

It is likely that any three cars in the game which won 24 hour races will be sufficient. There's a reasonably chunky list of those, and they're all intensely expensive. Off the top of my head:

Le Mans
Audi R18
Ford GT40 Mk1 (wrong year; '66 was the Mk2)
Ford MkIV
Jaguar D-Type
Jaguar XJR-9
Mazda 787B
Mercedes 300SL W194
McLaren F1 GTR
Peugeot 908 (wrong year; winning year was 2009)
Porsche 919
Porsche 962C (again, wrong year; the Jag won in 1988)
Toyota TS050

N24
Audi R8 Evo
Audi R8 LMS
BMW 3.0 CSL
BMW M6 GT3
Mercedes AMG GT3
Mercedes SLS GT3

Daytona 24
Ferrari 330P4
Porsche 917K
Jaguar XJR-9 (again)
Porsche 962 (again, although not '88 again)

Spa 24
Audi R8 LMS (again)
BMW 3.0CSL (again)
BMW M6 GTS (again)
BMW Z4 GT3
Mercedes SLS GT3 (again)

I'm sure there's more. The BMW M3 Evo and R32 Skyline GT-R could technically qualify, but it depends on how loose the definition is.

Last edited:
The XJ13 never won any races, or entered any, or even drove anywhere. After Jaguar abandoned all development of it, it was stored until it was destroyed in a high speed crash during a promo photoshoot for the Jaguar E-Type at MIRA.

It is likely that any three cars in the game which won 24 hour races will be sufficient. There's a reasonably chunky list of those, and they're all intensely expensive. Off the top of my head:

Le Mans
Audi R18
Ford GT40 Mk1 (wrong year; '66 was the Mk2)
Ford MkIV
Jaguar D-Type
Jaguar XJR-9
Mazda 787B
Mercedes 300SL W194
Peugeot 908 (wrong year; winning year was 2009)
Porsche 919
Porsche 962C (again, wrong year; the Jag won in 1988)
Toyota TS050

N24
Audi R8 Evo
Audi R8 LMS
BMW 3.0 CSL
BMW M6 GT3
Mercedes AMG GT3
Mercedes SLS GT3

Daytona 24
Ferrari 330P4
Jaguar XJR-9 (again)
Porsche 962 (again, although not '88 again)

Spa 24
Audi R8 LMS (again)
BMW 3.0CSL (again)
BMW M6 GTS (again)
BMW Z4 GT3
Mercedes SLS GT3 (again)

I'm sure there's more. The BMW M3 Evo and R32 Skyline GT-R could technically qualify, but it depends on how loose the definition is.
The specific wording of the trophy description indicates that the trophy requires some specific classic/legendary cars, would you not agree? I highly doubt a BMW Z4 GT3 is a "legendary race car", "once destined to win 24 hour races" in PD's mind. And I'm sure there are people with at least three of the cars you mentioned.

The specific wording of the trophy description indicates that the trophy requires some specific classic/legendary cars, would you not agree?
I think it doesn't matter what I think. But I'd guess you have to buy the cars from Legends Cars...

Last edited:
Currently trying to figure out which three ones it may be. Appreciate the compiled list above but I also believe it’s a specified three for this trophy.

I believe 917K has to be one of them. It won both Le Mans and Daytona, twice each. It appeared on the announcement trailer and PD gave us this very suspiciously named '917 Living Legend' as a pre-order bonus. If this is not one of them, I don't know what would.
I also suspect Mark IV, 787B, C9, F1 GTR, XJR-9. If it's 917 / Mark IV / 787B, then it's one for each region (and both GT40 and 787B were the first winner from that region).

I think both recent winners (such as R18 TDI, 919) and lower class winners (such AMG GT3, M6 GT3, R8 LMS, Shelby Cobra Daytona) have lower chance. There are many wrong year models (962C, R92CP, 908, TS050, Mark I, D Type, M3 GT, SLS AMG) but I think 962C / R92CP / GT40 '66 may have shot. All I can tell for sure is I have R18 TDI, 919, Mark IV and it hasn't pop.

I believe 917K has to be one of them. It won both Le Mans and Daytona, twice each. It appeared on the announcement trailer and PD gave us this very suspiciously named '917 Living Legend' as a pre-order bonus. If this is not one of them, I don't know what would.
I also suspect Mark IV, 787B, C9, F1 GTR, XJR-9. If it's 917 / Mark IV / 787B, then it's one for each region (and both GT40 and 787B were the first winner from that region).

I think both recent winners (such as R18 TDI, 919) and lower class winners (such AMG GT3, M6 GT3, R8 LMS, Shelby Cobra Daytona) have lower chance. There are many wrong year models (962C, R92CP, 908, TS050, Mark I, D Type, M3 GT, SLS AMG) but I think 962C / R92CP / GT40 '66 may have shot. All I can tell for sure is I have R18 TDI, 919, Mark IV and it hasn't pop.

I think you’re right on with the 917K having won both Daytona and Le Mans. I started thinking that it’s those two races this trophy is about and to add to the 917K I think the other two are:
  • Ferrari 330 P4 (won 1967 24 Hours of Daytona and placed 2nd in the 1967 24 Hours of Le Mans a few months later, surely destined to have won that one but the only “failure”)
  • Jaguar XJR-9 (won 1988 24 Hours of Daytona and 1988 24 Hours of Le Mans)

The Ford GT40 Mk. IV is obviously also a good contender having won both the 12 Hours of Sebring and the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1967 though unless I’m wrong it didn’t participate in Daytona the same year. Right? It does go along better with the 330 P4 and 917K than the in comparison much more modern XJR-9 though.

i have to check when i get home but im pretty sure i have the rain licensce i remembr getting trophy about rain after a licensce test

I've just received the rain trophy by doing one of the iA license test under the rain.

Last edited:
Anyone still got the Three Legendary Car Trophy?

If anyone gets it, please post here which car you bought that made the trophy pop and post also the list of cars you have for us to try and judge which 3 are.

I can verify that the Audi R18 and the Porsche 919 that you get from Brand Central don't count as I have them both along with the GT40 Mark IV which according to the LD description is one of them, IIRC. I also have the Suaber C9, but I don't recall the description mentioned winning LeMans or not(?) I'm thinking they'll be from this list since they aren't in the Brand Central:
GT40 Mark IV
787B
XJR-9
Jaguar D-Type
McLaren F1 GTR
Porsche 962C
300SL
Sauber C9

Jerome

The title Legendary Cars trophy, to me, implies that the cars qualifying for this will come from the Legend Cars shop. Cars such as the Porsche 919 need not apply.

The Porsche 917K is certainly one that qualifies. The pricing of it at the moment also insures that this trophy will be the only one I don’t score. Thanks Kaz!

You can check it by yourself. Just press square when checking the specific trophy. It is the "ending" trophy which pops out once you finished all the menus.
Mine ending trophy is still hidden, even after finishing all the menus... Glitched I guess...

Back