(solved) Huawei P30 Lite issues

Austria
Vienna
bmw123_
Since yesterday, my partner's Huawei P30 Lite shows the following issues:

• Apps won't open, it does not matter which apps. This includes all Google apps, all system relevant apps like Settings, Calendar and all third-party apps (in this case, Duolingo, Spotify, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.). There is no white screen or anything, it's just that nothing happens after clicking the app.
  • HOWEVER, in some cases where we could not reproduce the conditions for yet, the phone seems to try to open the app after 30 sec to 1 min, this shows by a black screen, but nothing happens afterwards. From this point, the phone does not freeze, but it is able to navigate back to the main screen.
  • After rebooting the phone, one app can sometimes work, but closing it and opening it again or trying to open another app does not work as well. This is also independent of which app is chosen.
  • Yesterday I searched for the problem online and could not find anything regarding this specific problem, but I did the cache wipe as recommended with similar problems (switch off phone, hold on/off and volume up button until EMUI menu shows up, wipe cache). When doing this for the first time, the phone worked normal for maybe 30 minutes, then the problem reoccured. Doing a cache wipe again did not help anymore.
  • If the phone is connected to a PC, the PC recognises the phone but the phone does not recognise the PC and it gives no option to share data with the other device. (Which would be nice to have to be able to get all the important data in case of need for a hard reset). I was, however, able to get it to recognise the PC directly after a second cache wipe, but this also did not last long.
  • My partner tried several things like scanning vor viruses and clearing RAM if the settings were somehow accessible, but nothing worked so far.
So I figured I could ask the massive swarm intelligence of GTPlanet for a possible solution :) Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I don't know specifics but the Google apps I think is related to Google banning Huawei from using their store. (at lease here in the US anyways)

But it sounds like a hardware failure happening where everything becomes unresponsive.

If the PC sees the phone but the phone doesn't see the PC then it could be a developer option for USB debugging which then would allow more connectivity to the PC?
Also make sure when you do plug into the PC that the USB shows file transfer/PTP/MIDI/etc and not Charging device.

If you have the option to backup your phone to the cloud I would suggest doing that then doing the factory reset and see if that changes everything after reloading your backup.

I don't know specifics but the Google apps I think is related to Google banning Huawei from using their store. (at lease here in the US anyways)

But it sounds like a hardware failure happening where everything becomes unresponsive.

If the PC sees the phone but the phone doesn't see the PC then it could be a developer option for USB debugging which then would allow more connectivity to the PC?
Also make sure when you do plug into the PC that the USB shows file transfer/PTP/MIDI/etc and not Charging device.

If you have the option to backup your phone to the cloud I would suggest doing that then doing the factory reset and see if that changes everything after reloading your backup.
Thanks for your reply!

Regarding your first point, I was considering that as well, but App Gallery (the Huawei equivalent of Google Play as far as I understand) did not work as well.

The problem with PC connection was that the phone did not give the option for file transfer or similar - it behaved as it would have been connected to a simple charging device.

And yes, I'm writing this in past tense because we were able to solve the problem. The solution was...

... deinstalling X (former Twitter). Suddenly the phone worked perfectly. We found that solution because my partner randomly started deinstalling apps and then I remembered that after I did the very first cache wipe, the phone gave me a message that X was using a lot of system ressources. I have no clue why X caused these problems.

Thanks for your reply!

Regarding your first point, I was considering that as well, but App Gallery (the Huawei equivalent of Google Play as far as I understand) did not work as well.

The problem with PC connection was that the phone did not give the option for file transfer or similar - it behaved as it would have been connected to a simple charging device.

And yes, I'm writing this in past tense because we were able to solve the problem. The solution was...

... deinstalling X (former Twitter). Suddenly the phone worked perfectly. We found that solution because my partner randomly started deinstalling apps and then I remembered that after I did the very first cache wipe, the phone gave me a message that X was using a lot of system ressources. I have no clue why X caused these problems.

oh my god this entire thread was my exact issue and i was going insane trying to find a solution online. Thanks so much! Ill try uninstalling X and see what happens. I can't believe someone actually has had this exact issue before. I hope it works! Will update if deleting X solves it all. aghhh

unfortunately did not work T-T does going to EMUI screen and wiping cache delete any actual data btw? i think thats what im going to try next just to get it to connect to my pc aghh this is so infuriating

oh my god this entire thread was my exact issue and i was going insane trying to find a solution online. Thanks so much! Ill try uninstalling X and see what happens. I can't believe someone actually has had this exact issue before. I hope it works! Will update if deleting X solves it all. aghhh

unfortunately did not work T-T does going to EMUI screen and wiping cache delete any actual data btw? i think thats what im going to try next just to get it to connect to my pc aghh this is so infuriating
No, data should be safe if you wipe the cache IIRC.

In our case, the problem reoccured a few days or even a week after deleting X, which I didn't post here (sorry abou that, should have done that)

I ended up resetting the phone, but thankfully I was able to recover all data in these few days it was working. Unfortunately I have no idea what caused this issue in the first place, but it's been working perfectly fine since the reset.

Back