Some help please about STEAM game ?!

• Thread starter MoutezZ
  • 8 comments
Algeria
Algeria
Hey all of you guys... I hope you're doing good 😀

So this is my problem if any of you give me some idea or some help...

I'm on pc and I bought recently Hitman Absolution and I wanted to install it to try the gameplay but unfortunately even the installation couldn't start because of this message down in the picture... and I tried the installation/update of the game STEAM in windows 7, windows 8.1 and windows 10... and always got the same message that STEAM need to be online to update !!! And I am always online when I do the update with a speed of 10 Mb.

Can someone tell me what's went wrong with the game ? And if there any solution !!! Or maybe I should throw it in the trash.

Thanks all of you

xxCapture.PNG

Can you download/install other Steam games? Or is this the only one failing? Have you tried searching for the specific error? (if I search for it I find several people with similar issues and solutions)

Google "Steam needs to be online to update". There are a tonne of suggested fixes and even links to Youtube videos offering potential solutions.

Can you download/install other Steam games? Or is this the only one failing? Have you tried searching for the specific error? (if I search for it I find several people with similar issues and solutions)
Just to be clear... this is a physical copy I m trying to install on my pc not digital (DVD's)... I never bought any game from Steam service and try it. I did search but most of them (solution) didn't help.

Google "Steam needs to be online to update". There are a tonne of suggested fixes and even links to Youtube videos offering potential solutions.
I know that... this is why I tried here.

Hi...

I did find what was wrong... actually the game itself was already activated by its last owner before me... so know its useless. Because I tried to use the code that was in the manual but STEAM told me that the game has been already registered to another account.

So... it is what it is !!!

Thanks all of you here...

Hi...

I did find what was wrong... actually the game itself was already activated by its last owner before me... so know its useless. Because I tried to use the code that was in the manual but STEAM told me that the game has been already registered to another account.

So... it is what it is !!!

Thanks all of you here...
Oh no! So you bought a second hand physical copy? If you paid with PayPal or similar you can probably get your money back.

Being an old game you can find Absolution very cheap as a digital copy if you keep an eye on https://isthereanydeal.com/game/hitmanabsolution/info/, Steam will have a winter sale at the end of next month but you might be able to find it for less elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that no matter where you buy it, as long as the vendor is "trusted" (ITAD is a good way to know if they're reputable or not) you'll get a brand new unused Steam key to redeem.

Back