Sound problem - LOUD buzzing after hard contact

• Thread starter mangobob
  • 9 comments
I've an intermittent sound problem that's really starting to annoy me...a couple of times a day the loud "crash" thud noise you get on hard contact gets corrupt.

Instead of the "bang" sound I get a really LOUD buzzing noise (well over the top of race fx/music volume). The buzzing sometimes goes away, sometimes stays and 'walks' around the speakers like it's following something.

Just had to reset the PS3 as it persisted after quitting the race in the main menu. :(

Anyone else notice this or have any tips to avoid? I've already cleared network cache.

My PS3's connected to a DD5.1 speaker system (digital optical cable), haven't heard this on any other game or TV/DVD. It only happens on the 'crash' thud sound effect.

I used to get that, had it about 4 times but not for quite a while now fingers crossed. Apply throttle and it goes away.

Apply throttle and it goes away.
I wish! Sometimes it goes away quickly, probably on throttle like you say...the one I just had still persisted even after I quit the race.
It was still buzzing in the main menu, and I mean loud, like "That sounds like it's going to break my amp" loud!

Happend quite often to me on Indy in a-Spec AutoGrinder mode. :drool:

It sounds like some sort of frequence inteference between the PS3 & my AMP.
Fist it get's louder and louder & then it sounds like I would overhaul a "ghost starship" and then it's back to normal. :crazy:

I've just found a video of it:

I've noticed it also - have to quit the race to get it to stop. In particular - I noticed it if you hit a Zonda from the rear. Seems to happen more for that car.

It sounds like some sort of frequence inteference between the PS3 & my AMP.

Exactly what it sounds like - an electrical problem, like a guitar just before it's plugged in properly.

Only problem is, it can't be - the only cable btwn ps3 and amp is optical...no electrical connection.

Weird...and really annoying!

This bug is really annoying, and can really ruin a race or hotlap :(

GT5 must be doing a fair bit of realtime audio processing in order to make realistic engine sounds, skidding, as well as environmental effects like tunnels. Maybe a really loud crash causes it to "overflow" somehow, and leaves garbage in the audio buffer that keeps getting re-processed or something. Might not be so different than guitar/amp feedback :)

Yeah I have had that also happen every once in awhile. At first I thought my stereo I run the sound thru was on its last legs. It is very loud and it does sound like its messing up your speakers.

Latest Posts

Back