Specific Section ......

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Damo-The-Don-420
So i've been around on GTP for a while now..

Come to notice that no thread exists on specific section tuning . By this i mean i see alot of generic tunes on this forum for just generally making the cars performance better, this is good but not what i consider worthy or the word tuned but rather generally improved.

So lets get on topic right , when tuning for the greatest lap time possible for the car being used its essential that you tune for the track you intend to run it on.

But how does sepcific track tuning work ?..... Easy you break the track down to smaller sections and determine which sections are the weak spots for losing/gaining time during each lap

Example Laguna Seca: This track i consider its majority of corner types to be a mild difficulty through out the track. I then determine the weak spot section/corners for lap time gain/loss which IMO here at Laguna Seca is the 1. 1st corner(hair pin) 2.Cork screw 3. last corner. My reasons for these 3 corners are as simple as this all the other corners during the track are rather easy flowing and mid speed which all cars can take rather easily at decent pace/speed

Taking this in consideration i would then tune for general better performance and then fine tune for my determined weak spots...

Example

1st Corner is tight and low speed - this corners fastest line is using the square off technique which means i would need to fine tune the cars set up for being able to brake late as possible (stopping power instead of agility) 2nd part to this corner technique would be that after braking late and staying wide(turning in at the very last second) would be that after ive done braking there will be no smooth curved line to drive through the corner but rather the car would be facing straight forward for exit.This allows the driver to get on the power fully with no angle on the steering here is where the car would need to be fine tuned to put down best possible grip in a straight line rather than tuning for best possible grip while actually cornering (steering)

So what im looking to get started here is a thread on tuning for specific sections of specific tracks , i think this will help alot of players who are finding certain sections hard to drive or tune for

So if you find yourself tuning a certain way for a certain corner/section and getting much lap time gains from it please feel free to contribute on why you chose to tune for this specific section/how you went about tuning for the section/ and how it worked out for you

Lets break these tracks down and further our tuning knowledge as a community =)

Sorry for bad wording and possibly finding it hard to understand the topic .... Not great with words !

Damo...

Back