spoon civic drag tunes?

• Thread starter dustyaman
  • 12 comments
United States
conway arkansas
dustyaman
i have tuned my own civic spoon but cant get anybetter then a 12.5. the spoon is all motor. there is no turbo kit for it.stock gearing does only a 12.8 my gearing and sec gear launch gets 12.5 i have searched the web and cant find much on a spoon civic other than road course tunes. please help. i think the spoon civic is unique in its own right. and would like to keep up with the other turbo civics. thanks

here some tips make it a little shorter than what it is right now. tune to launch on 1st gear quick shift to 2nd and add ballast

When you are quickshifting, make sure you quickshift BEFORE 10,000 RPMS. However, it depends on the amount of ballast you have.

With this tip, the 2nd gear would be more towards the left. Because if you shift over 10,000 RPM's, the car will bog and lose gear.

ok so i tried the 1st gear launch wasnt very good at all. but adjusting the gearing alittle more for the second gear. hit 0to60 in 3.9 and 1/4 mile in 12.354. i shift from sec to third at 12 then the rest at 11. im going to try to break into the 11s tonight if possible might have to adjust the suspension a little more.

yep i switched from 11 to 10.5 it pulls the best there. best is 12.243. cant get any better
i try to adjust here and there and it gets slower.

yep i switched from 11 to 10.5 it pulls the best there. best is 12.243. cant get any better
i try to adjust here and there and it gets slower.

suspension.

Front/Rear
Low/max
3.0/15.0
10/2
1/10
1/1

Front toe angle 0.30 and rear -1.00
Front Camber 0.00 Rear camber 3.0

👍

Aslo launch with a time launch, do you know how?

ok so i tried the 1st gear launch wasnt very good at all. but adjusting the gearing alittle more for the second gear. hit 0to60 in 3.9 and 1/4 mile in 12.354. i shift from sec to third at 12 then the rest at 11. im going to try to break into the 11s tonight if possible might have to adjust the suspension a little more.

I like your enthusiasm but the spoon ek will never run 11's legitimately, maybe a 12.09X with a excellent tune and a perfectly timed launch...Good luck tuning this beast mate, and maybe have another go at a 1st to 2nd quickshift tune as it seems to work nicely on all honda civics/integras :)

Yea the all motor Spoon will never touch 11's. Make sure you're not running weight and take off any downforce parts if you have any on.

Back