Stock vehicle vs. upgraded vehicle

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
What do you prefer? I tend to focus much more on the stock vehicle but I know the game and community prefer Hot Rodding their cars. Some cars really need upgrades on that note, especially 80’s and 90’s cars. If you look at the car auctions you will see mostly stock vehicles. The race cars in my opinion should be enjoyed as they are for a real performance experience. I am in the 50’s, not that guys my age are going to play the game the way I do🤔

Last edited:
I have to put in a racing transmission and racing clutch to every car because stock transmission is somehow broken. It takes 2 sec for a shift, if you do it quiker the transmission get damaged and shifting become even slower and worse. (im on manual clutch+h-shifter)

I enjoy both immensely but eventually upgrade all to whatever max level I want to try.
Would love a 'stock' leaderboard for stock vehicles per class.

ACC has fastest laps per car. Probably a bit much for a game like Forza though.

Stock manual shifting is manipulating you to upgrade cars. Pushing you into upgrading the cars even if you enjoy the real stock performance and experience.

I don't feel I'm being manipulated by the game! 🤣

I have some cars stock, some mildly tuned (brakes, suspension) and some to the top of their classes for Rivals.

Some cars I even drive all three with different tunes.

The leveling system has made it more time-consuming but the choice is still there.

Last edited:
I have to put in a racing transmission and racing clutch to every car because stock transmission is somehow broken. It takes 2 sec for a shift, if you do it quiker the transmission get damaged and shifting become even slower and worse. (im on manual clutch+h-shifter)
Ive found this too. Totally fine if I use the paddles, nightmare if I use the H-shifter.

I can't help but think it's a problem rather than a method to get you to upgrade!

So you haven`t realised why we do upgrades yet? You have a long way to go
...That is not at all what I was saying, nor do I have a long way to go, thank you.

What I meant was, there seems to be an issue with the H-shifter finding gears, as mine does it whether I've upgraded or not. It won't go into gear every time, whereas it's fine when using the paddles. No issue in any other game, so it's not hardware.

...That is not at all what I was saying, nor do I have a long way to go, thank you.

What I meant was, there seems to be an issue with the H-shifter finding gears, as mine does it whether I've upgraded or not. It won't go into gear every time, whereas it's fine when using the paddles. No issue in any other game, so it's not hardware.
That's funny I end up doing the opposite. On my set up, with the racing transmission, the clutch becomes useless. I prefer to mount the manual one so that it goes to neutral when I press the clutch. I didn't find a way to still use the clutch with a racing transmission.

Normally I like cars as they are original. In GT7 I play most of the cars like that.
But here in Motorsport a lot of them are so weird to drive in their original state that I have to install LSD, suspension, and some times wings etc... to get a drivable handling.

Last edited:
Back