Struggling to setup the Ferrari F10

Wonderboy46
Wonderboy46
Hi guys,

Long time reader of this awesome forum, dipping in for advice for the first time :)

I bought the Ferrari F10 earlier today but I'm having serious difficulty in setting it up to reach anything like top speed on the straights.

At Monza, even with downforce set to absolute minimum and top speed in the gear ratios menu set to maximum, it never gets past 205mph on the straights (the real drivers get close to 220mph). Because of this, my lap times are 8 seconds slower than those I've managed in the F1 2010 game. Some of this is down to having not spent enough time with the car yet to learn it in GT5, but clearly the 15mph speed difference on the straights is having a big impact.

Any ideas what I should be tweaking in the setup options?

Cheers guys!

I would try tuning the gear ratios lower. I don't think there's a track long enough for any car in the game to reach it's top speed on maxed gear ratios. I don't have the F10 so I can't tell you what to set them at but try a notch or two above 220 and see if that helps. Your problem is acceleration, not top speed. By lowering the top speed you should be able to reach a higher speed through faster acceleration on the straights.

I'm very new at tuning myself so I could easily be wrong. ;]

I Know this sounds crazy but if you hvent already got 1 i would trade my Jaguar xj-13 (20 million credit car) for your Ferrari F10 lol

Back