Suggestion: Black Background/White Text Option

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 8 comments
United States
N. Jessamine, KY
JMoney-689
Woodside689
So I've on GTP for a while and my eyes are starting to hurt from looking at the screen too long. I turn down the brightness of my screen but to no avail, I'm still looking at a white screen. I had the idea that there could be an option that lets users to switch the background to black and the text to white so that it's easier on our eyes. Some other forums I've used have had the black BG/white text format.

What you are talking about is "High Contrast Mode" and I agree there should be an option for it.
Heck Microsoft has had a High Contrast Mode in windows since WinMe maybe even earlier as i do not remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I would recommend using a browser plugin or operating system tool if you want to invert the colors on the page, as I have no plans to implement a "dark" style for the site at this time.

Ken
Any options for a tablet?

A tablet will have accessibility options
On android Go to Settings>Accessibility
And enable Invert Color and High Contrast Text

You will get this
2016-02-06 07.20.29.png

Note I had to manually invert the colors for the picture as this function is still an experimental function in android and has bugs

But links are a light blue and the premium boxes are brown rather than blue and secure site padlock is green

If you use Firefox, Chrome or Opera, you can install the Stylish extension and use my "GTP Dark" theme.

It looks like this...

FUATo9I.png

There's a few things that don't look quite right (my css is a mess) but overall it's fine. I was going to fix them but I read somewhere that Jordan is getting ready to do a forum overhaul with an updated look, which will most likely render this dark theme obsolete.

Edit: Forgot to mention I made most everything wider as well.

Last edited:
Back