• GTS '99 (standard)

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • SRT10 '03 (standard)

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
Canada
Saskatchewan
im2fst4u55
Which Dodge Viper is better? The SRT10 or the ACR? I think the SRT10 has some better stats than the ACR but I'm not sure. Anyone have an opinion or some test results on which one is better?

The ACR has better specs, more power, more downforce and I think the weight is close. I have both max out but the ACR is the one I use. I don't use the srt10.

Which Dodge Viper is better? The SRT10 or the ACR? I think the SRT10 has some better stats than the ACR but I'm not sure. Anyone have an opinion or some test results on which one is better?

It's a really good question. Perhaps you should do a poll.

I'd like to get some specs on them and see which is better but I was hoping had already compared them. I'll go and see which one is better myself then. I'll make a poll and post the results later.

I personally enjoy the GTS the most but I'm mostly wondering if the SRT10 can beat the ACR. (because they are very close fully tuned)

ok intial tests after buying the cars all their parts. STR10 with factory settings, I couldn't drive it. So what I did was take the ACR's suspension settings and used them to be as fair as possible.(SRT10 has full downforce aerokits)

The SRT10 is still uneasy to drive; it has severe (sudden) powersliding and burns up it's front tires braking into corners. (this is on racing mediums)
I got a 1:24.7 approx on Laguna Seca (best Viper testing ground) trying to drive smoothly

BTW I am driving these cars with no aids other than 1 abs.

So I tried the ACR and it gave me much more confidence when I drove it but tended to understeer at below 60mph. The on power oversteer was much easier to handle too. Despite this nicer driving I got a 1:26.3. ??? Okay I'm going to try tuning these cars and see what happens then.

Here's thier specs after buying parts:
ACR
1000Hp 847ft/lbs 1257kg 661pp
SRT10
982hp 948ft/lbs 1268kg 653pp
I'm thinking the torque is the deciding factor here.

im2fst4u
ok intial tests after buying the cars all their parts. STR10 with factory settings, I couldn't drive it. So what I did was take the ACR's suspension settings and used them to be as fair as possible.(SRT10 has full downforce aerokits)

The SRT10 is still uneasy to drive; it has severe (sudden) powersliding and burns up it's front tires braking into corners. (this is on racing mediums)
I got a 1:24.7 approx on Laguna Seca (best Viper testing ground) trying to drive smoothly

BTW I am driving these cars with no aids other than 1 abs.

So I tried the ACR and it gave me much more confidence when I drove it but tended to understeer at below 60mph. The on power oversteer was much easier to handle too. Despite this nicer driving I got a 1:26.3. ??? Okay I'm going to try tuning these cars and see what happens then.

Here's thier specs after buying parts:
ACR
1000Hp 847ft/lbs 1257kg 661pp
SRT10
982hp 948ft/lbs 1268kg 653pp
I'm thinking the torque is the deciding factor here.

When you were driving the SRT10, did you try to work with the LSD settings? If you try to set it close to diff lock,espically the accel and deaccel settings, you can stop the sudden oversteer.

ACR, except those tires don't last for 🤬. As is the case with all Vipers, unfortunately. You couldn't do more than 10 laps on Monza in a Viper if you drove like my grandma.

You gotta drive the SRT10 with the throttle; whereas the ACR is more of a race car, and you can use more steering input and finesse. Honestly though, in laptimes it should be no competition, the ACR should absolutely murder it. I just like the SRT10's insane torque with low downforce - you can spin up in 4th on the Nordschliefe on sport soft tires at over 120mph, which for some reason, puts a smile on my face. I do have the suspension tweaked just a little (just my basic crap I do to every car, really, no tuning), so maybe that is making the difference.

The ACR is just so much more planted, and I think it drives very well with 1000hp; much better than I thought it would anyway. It seems really weird to me that you are 2 seconds slower with the ACR than the SRT10 @ Laguna? Handling is the key factor, not torque, and the ACR does indeed corner miles better than the SRT10.

Maybe I have another weekend GT5 project/shootout : )

In my opinion, it's the GTS. I think it's best looking and most fun to drive of the Vipers.

I forgot about that one, I used to have it until I lost my ps3 data. I can't put it in the poll now sorry. (unless someone knows how)

ACR for me, but under one condition: leave it stock. Yes, 1000+ hp is tempting, but beefed up it becomes an undrivable beast.

I found that's what happened with the SRT10 not the ACR. Sure it was more difficult to drive but the ACR was much more well behaved. Though I still can't get the SRT10 to handle the way I want it to. I'm at the point where I can take out the understeer/oversteer but they're at an exact ratio to each other. So If I take out oversteeer, more understeer, and vice versa. I stuck on how to tune it. (tried LSD, suspenion, etc)

Last edited:
I like the Concept Viper the most ;)
I´m not a Viper guy => I didn´t vote.

For the Drift Trials or if I´m in the mood of drifting I´ll hop in one (smoker) but that is not so often.

If mean better=faster then it's the ACR of course.

Otherwise irl i'd prefer the SRT10 because it's available as a roadster which makes you enjoy its madness even more :D

So I finished testing the ACR vs the SRT10 and here's what I found:
The SRT10 is very fast when you have it on the factory suspension settings of the ACR, but it is a challenge to drive. I tried to make it behave but after 2 hours of tuning I had no luck, I made it slower by making more controllable, and it was still too wild for my liking. So I am converting it into a drag car because of it's great torque.
The ACR is the better car in my opinion, after only changing 5 or so values of the car I was happy with it and decreased my factory tuned lap time by 2 seconds. So the ACR is the better viper because of it's ease of use.

But by far, my favorite viper is the '02 GTS. Once It was tuned to my liking, it handled it's power better than the ACR, understeered less, had better brakes, and felt more fun to drive along with it being very fast. Almost as fast as my GTR V-spec. If I'm remembering correctly, it got a 1:56.5 on Nurburgring GP/F.
If you guys would like the tune I'd be more than willing.

The ACR is based on the SRT-10 just with better Aerodynamics, better Engine optimization and weight reducement. so the ACR is the better one

SRT10, because it's the most fun to drive, and it turns really nice.
For powerhouse races (drag, indy) the acr is ofcourse the best, but in that case you're better of using a whole other car.

I'm just curious here, but is there any major difference in performance between the premium GTS ('02) and the standard GTS ('99)?

Back