The Crew: Wild Run Edition

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but I pre-ordered on Steam and I can't find the cars from the pre-order.

Anyone want to join my Crew? I need help with some missions because my PC doesn't run the game super well. It's playable, but sort of slow.

The Crew upcoming changes

12/23/2014 12:00

Greetings,

It has been a few weeks since the launch of The Crew and today we’d like to offer information on upcoming enhancements and content planned for the near future.

As it is for any game, and especially an online game, the launch of The Crew was a critical time. For the development team, it was the culmination of years and years of hard work to bring our dream to life. We couldn’t be more excited to see players around the world explore the driving playground we created and look forward to keeping the game alive for years to come.

The Crew is a living world that we will continue to update on a regular basis, introducing new content as well as delivering bug fixes and game balancing.

Here is a list of the key changes that will be applied in future updates.

Game Experience Enhancement

AI in Chase Missions
We are balancing the AI behavior of the cops and enemies vehicles in chase missions.

Rubber Banding & Collisions
Collision management and rubber banding will be tuned in order to offer smoother driving.

PvP Queue Time
We want to simplify lobby management to reduce the time it takes to find other players for PvP matches.

We are exploring several options that should improve this aspect.

New Content

Car Specs, Colors and Stickers
New specs for existing vehicles will be added in January and the complete list will be unveiled soon. Additional colors as well as new stickers will also be added to the game.

New PvP Mode
A new PvP mode and its set of new missions will be introduced early 2015. More information will be shared soon.

In addition to these updates, we will continue to offer new challenges with cool rewards as well as introduce new races on a regular basis.

Finally, we’d like to thank the entire community for your support and feedback. Keep it coming, we’ll keep listening.

The Crew Team

So what are the 'missing' specs?

"the complete list will be unveiled soon"

I guess we'll find out soon enough. My guess is the Raid Spec and Circuit Spec for the '69 Camaro RS will be on there. Probably the Circuit Spec and Raid Spec for the Ford F-150 Raptor and Ford Focus too

Last edited:
If they can smooth out some of the physics engine's rougher edges (like this update for collisions?) maybe I'll pick this game up after all. As it is, the driving looks pretty terrible in videos, particularly if you're trying to accomplish something like in a mission.

I saw some people in here have played FUEL -- how does Asobo's XB360 version of The Crew compare to that in terms of vehicle handling?

Luckily I just bought a Raptor some days ago. Give me Raid & Race spec for it, Ivory Tower, I m so ready for it! :D

My 69 Charger would also look nice in those spec outfits, btw...

I need to buy the Raptor still, I hope we get the circuit spec for it too, I thought it looked great in the trailer. I just hit $500,000 and got the Moneybags achievement so I went and bought the '69 Charger. I put about 80 miles on it last night after getting it's street spec tune up to 1100. I'm already back up to $350,000 just from driving and sending friends out on Faction missions.

My favorite Raid Spec vehicle so far is the 2011 Mustang, that split back end looks awesome, I have mine painted olive green metallic. I just need to level it up more, right now it's around 860.

B0-BTZ2CMAE7fKo.png

Edit

I hope the Skyline Circuit Spec is in there too:

Nissan-R34_circuit_big.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I for one am having a lot of fun with the Bentley Continental in performance spec. Looks like the Continantal GT3 and can actually keep up with race spec cars, despite being 200+ levels down. It reaches 370+ kph at the oval already, cant wait to see what it does at lvl 1000+.

I was disappointed when I noticed that the RAID models have almost zero visual tuning options.
Even some of the custom hoods of the street/performance versions would be welcome.

Oh, and if anyone wants, you can add me ingame. I currently have a lack of persons to send on faction missions :P

I have 1 million to spend. Which car should I buy?

It all depends on what you like, you can buy several expensive cars for a million if you have the $$ discount perks maxed. I am personally liking the Skyline for Street, Dirt and Performance specs, I think it might be the best car I've driven so far. I also like the 2011 Mustang, I have Raid spec and circuit spec for it. I have yet to try any of the Lamborghinis or really high end cars. I do have the Ferrari 458 Italia and McLaren because I bought the Season Pass, but I've barely used the Ferrari and haven't even used the McLaren yet

Holy cow! The Crew on the 360 is... it's not bad, but the graphics look like they should be for PS2 and the game glitches when loading missons.

Holy cow! The Crew on the 360 is... it's not bad, but the graphics look like they should be for PS2 and the game glitches when loading missons.

Hey mate, I'm thinking of getting this on 360. Are you playing it with a Fanatec wheel? Just wondering what the FFB is like? Also wondering if the clutch and H-pattern shifter work? Thanks.

Got the crew, started with a Mustang. I've just started New York & spent my free crew credits on, a Skyline, 370Z, Challenger and Camaro, in street and dirt specs at level 10 (CAR LEVELS 150-160) I primarily use the Skyline for street and Mustang for dirt. Add me on PS4 if you want to be in my crew. Same as my GTP

Here's my planned spec cars

Street R34 GTR
Dirt Focus RS
Performance Viper
Raid Ruf RK
Circuit Lambo Aventador

Hey mate, I'm thinking of getting this on 360. Are you playing it with a Fanatec wheel? Just wondering what the FFB is like? Also wondering if the clutch and H-pattern shifter work? Thanks.
No, I'm using the controller.

Can you only have one car designated for each spec or something? Or is it just a real hassle to change specs? Because judging from the first trailer it looks like you can change specs on the fly. It'll be a bummer if you can't do that.

Hey i bought the game! Aaaaannnnddd the game broke. the very next day i wake up, gonna play some of the crew, the game says 'press any button to continue', i press x, the game starts loading, then says, 'press any button continue'. again, and again, and again. And yes i tried restarting the PS4 and everything. :rolleyes:

Hey i bought the game! Aaaaannnnddd the game broke. the very next day i wake up, gonna play some of the crew, the game says 'press any button to continue', i press x, the game starts loading, then says, 'press any button continue'. again, and again, and again. And yes i tried restarting the PS4 and everything. :rolleyes:

The game is online only, you know that right? PSN was down yesterday...

The game is online only, you know that right? PSN was down yesterday...
Yes i know that. that was my first thought too, but yesterday when the PSN was down, it told me i couldn't connect to the servers. Today, it is simply caught in a loop.

Yes i know that. that was my first thought too, but yesterday when the PSN was down, it told me i couldn't connect to the servers. Today, it is simply caught in a loop.

Oh, that's odd. How long would it load for until it said "press X" again?

Oh, that's odd. How long would it load for until it said "press X" again?
The odd thing is, the game never properly loads. It just says 'press any button to play', then when i press x, it waits a second then says 'press any button to play' again. This is rather annoying!

The odd thing is, the game never properly loads. It just says 'press any button to play', then when i press x, it waits a second then says 'press any button to play' again. This is rather annoying!
Wow, so it doesn't even bother to load. I'm out of ideas my friend.

Back