The tiniest thing.

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 17 comments
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
I have legitimately no clue how I noticed it, but it would appear that the we icon in the top of the page appears to be different between the forums section and the news section.

upload_2016-9-13_22-23-13.png

The top is from the forums and the bottom is from the news section.

I'm guessing the bottom one is an updated version or something?

As I said its literally the smallest thing, I just thought I would bring it up. Sorry. :boggled:

I don't know why that would occur – both sections reference the same files – but favicons are notoriously strange little beasts.

The pending site update will reference favicons in a different way which will perhaps resolve this.

The pending site update will reference favicons in a different way which will perhaps resolve this.

Does that pending site update able to have colour names again?

Back in the day where Premium users had a Red username instead of black.
Although I want pink but that's not the point.

So we will have a Forever Premium tag?
What if that can be colored?
If it is, you would probably be limited to a selection. I am sure he wouldn't want people using the same blue colors as admins, mods and such. Also, Polyphony Staff gets a certain color too.

If it is, you would probably be limited to a selection. I am sure he wouldn't want people using the same blue colors as admins, mods and such. Also, Polyphony Staff gets a certain color too.

Well just don't use those colors then?

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to change a bit of code to implement.

Well just don't use those colors then?

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to change a bit of code to implement.
Even if it were possible to allow users to choose their own color for their user names, much like gif avatars, it would make the site messy; that's something Jordan has worked very hard at minimizing.

Visual cues are important. Keeping the bars under names all the same colour helps make the site easier to read.

If you're reading quickly through a post, you'll only really see a flash of yellow on the side under the avatar, and will instinctively know it's a Premo talking (or Contributing Writer, though they all receive the perks of Premo for life). Blue; staff. Think of the transitions on TV sports broadcasts; the camera cuts from one angle to the next instantaneously for live feeds, but will usually have some sort of animated transition when intercutting a replay.

That'd all disappear with custom title bar colours, and the focus while skimming would then become on those, instead of the content. We've already got custom avatars as our "face" in the community. :)

So we went from creative to minimalist?
Since we can't have color names, can't have custom post titles and can't hide the premium tag.
Makes me wonder what premium members actually have now compared to normal.

So we went from creative to minimalist?
Since we can't have color names, can't have custom post titles and can't hide the premium tag.
Access to the Daily Babe Thread.

Premium benefits are outlined here. Basically, you get name-changes, larger private conversation group sizes, Infield access, the user badge, and ad-free viewing without undermining the site's financial viability.

It should be noted that Premium users were never able to customize the color of their usernames or Premium tags.

Premium benefits are outlined here. Basically, you get name-changes, larger private conversation group sizes, Infield access, the user badge, and ad-free viewing without undermining the site's financial viability.

It should be noted that Premium users were never able to customize the color of their usernames or Premium tags.

Then can we have an option to hide our "Premium" tag then?
Like how it was before?

Back