The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
I've had drops, rarely though, and I mean like only once, rarely. There are alot less games that are 30 fps, rather than 60FPS.

No, it has never worked that way, even on the 360. Updates have always been free.

No I meant I still HAVE to pay annually for the silver membership in order to enjoy free updates, correct?

No I meant I still HAVE to pay annually for the silver membership in order to enjoy free updates, correct?

Xbox Live SILVER is FREE. Updates are FREE if you have a Silver account.

Imagine if you needed Gold for updates, that would be absurd!

Silver is 100% free I heard.

Wow.. really? All I gotta do is create a profile, and done? You sure??

OK, this sounds good. A Silver membership for game updates and patches. I still need a Gold membership to download DLC yeah?

I don't want to do MP gaming. Updates and DLC is my only concern.

Great, so I guess I'll get my FREE Silver membership and get to enjoy DLC downloads if/when I get the X1.

My internet connections's just 4 MB/sec though, and shared at that!

^^ Not too thrilled about that.

New Xbox One August Update has been unveiled.

Key features:

Low Battery Warning
Friends Tab on Dashboard
3D Blu Ray Playback @CAMAROBOY69

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/here-s-what-s-coming-up-in-the-next-big-xbox-one-update-1258098
YES!!!!!!!!!! I knew if I waited a year 3d would indeed be added to the X1!! So much for the members that said 3d is dead. :sly: I will have the X1 in early August for sure. Now I need to decide if I want to keep my PS3 or trade it in. Hmmm

With that said I bet they announce 3d for the PS4 by the end of the year too.
qtr9wvgsujidg5zri4im.gif

@katpeeler
Still think 3d is dead? :sly: As I have said many times, 3d is far from dead.

Last edited:
@CAMAROBOY69....My opinion on 3D has not changed. I still think its "gimmicky"...If you enjoy your 3D then Im happy for you. In my circle of friends not one of them watch anything at there home in 3D and they have the capabilty to. But you could argue that I need different friends. BUT the way I felt about 3D is the same way I felt about the Oculos Rift. Recently Ive watched some videos of the Rift and been keeping up with some development and I have to say Im very impressed. Especialy when it comes to racing games. I do see this in being in alot of peoples home before 3D..Hell they might even develope a 3D rift and everyone's mind will be blown. I have been wrong before but I think that was on a Tuesday...=)

@CAMAROBOY69....My opinion on 3D has not changed. I still think its "gimmicky"...If you enjoy your 3D then Im happy for you. In my circle of friends not one of them watch anything at there home in 3D and they have the capabilty to. But you could argue that I need different friends. BUT the way I felt about 3D is the same way I felt about the Oculos Rift. Recently Ive watched some videos of the Rift and been keeping up with some development and I have to say Im very impressed. Especialy when it comes to racing games. I do see this in being in alot of peoples home before 3D..Hell they might even develope a 3D rift and everyone's mind will be blown. I have been wrong before but I think that was on a Tuesday...=)
The Rift is in 3D and it is much, much better 3D than at movies or you see on a television. It actually is like you are in the environment it is producing. It's pretty amazing.

I should also add that I am like you when it comes to 3D. I've never had an interest in it in my home, and a lot of times pick a 2D movie over the 3D version at the theater. The Rift's 3D is different though. It really does appear 3D and not just trying to act like it.

^^ Good deal. Wouldn't you rather do without Kinect and get the extra 10% boost in GPU power? It would square off the X1 nicely against the PS4 too.
X1 games are being designed to utilize the extra 10% bonus with or without the Kinect. That confusion was cleared up a while ago.

^^ Good deal. Wouldn't you rather do without Kinect and get the extra 10% boost in GPU power? It would square off the X1 nicely against the PS4 too.
It is better to get it with Kinect, I think the best deals were the Titanfall ones but I guess them deals are over now. You won't get any extra GPU boost over having Kinect or not, all users benefit.

It is better to get it with Kinect, I think the best deals were the Titanfall ones but I guess them deals are over now. You won't get any extra GPU boost over having Kinect or not, all users benefit.
Exactly. I just really like the ability to say "xbox record" to capture the exciting moments instantly. That will be a very useful feature.

Plus I am going to try some creative stuff with my entertainment center to have my fans, receiver, x1, and tv all come on by saying "xbox on". Not sure how far I can go with that, but I will find out soon.

I have 1 month before Destiny comes out to pick up the X1.

This is currently the best deal I can find. X1 + Kinect + Forza 5 + another game of my choice all for $499.99.
$119.00 savings. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-One-...ce-of-Game-119-Savings/25886195#ProductDetail

Any other deals better than this??? I would probably pick BF4 as my free game.
Thats a very good deal, better than what I got. You're getting one extra game over me for the same price :P.

Not sure if they allow trade-ins though, because IIRC you're going to trade in some stuff? Reason I'm asking is you get something like 40% more when trading towards a new console at Gamestop. Maybe you can just throw what you where going to trade in, on Craigslist, and play the waiting game

Exactly. I just really like the ability to say "xbox record" to capture the exciting moments instantly. That will be a very useful feature.
It comes in handy when you want to save some hilarious video's that multiplayer games churn out constantly.

Plus I am going to try some creative stuff with my entertainment center to have my fans, receiver, x1, and tv all come on by saying "xbox on". Not sure how far I can go with that, but I will find out soon.

I dont have anything other than my TV, but I think you can get most of that done. Right now my TV turns on whenever and however I turn on my xbox.

Thats a very good deal, better than what I got. You're getting one extra game over me for the same price :P.

Not sure if they allow trade-ins though, because IIRC you're going to trade in some stuff? Reason I'm asking is you get something like 40% more when trading towards a new console at Gamestop. Maybe you can just throw what you where going to trade in, on Craigslist, and play the waiting game

It comes in handy when you want to save some hilarious video's that multiplayer games churn out constantly.

I dont have anything other than my TV, but I think you can get most of that done. Right now my TV turns on whenever and however I turn on my xbox.
My brother has been on me a long time about getting the X1 and he pointed this deal in my direction asap. :lol:

The only thing I have left to trade in is my PS3, GT6, and KZ3. I can put that toward the Master Chief Collection at Gamestop. But you bring up a good point. I will have to mention the 50% trade in console bonus to Gamestop.

If I can get my receiver, X1, TV, and fans all on at the same time I will be beyond happy. Plus I know you can say "xbox volume up" or down. I will have some experimenting to do. Sounds like I will also need some more HDMI cables for sure to get all this working the way I want.

Looking forward to checking out how well the 3d works too.

Follow up for the X1 purchase.

I was on the phone for an hour with Best Buy, Gamestop, and Walmart. Gamestop and Best Buy would not price match the walmart deal. Also this deal is online only.

I ended up buying the X1 online from Walmart. They had THE best deal and had by far THE best warranty.

Best Buy 2 year warranty $80.00
Gamestop 2 year warranty $80.00
Walmart 3 year warranty was only $57.00. :D

I also picked BF4 as the free game. Should all be here in about a week. :)

Last edited:
@CAMAROBOY69 Look forward to seeing you on FM5 and BF4. I have been addicted to BF4 since I picked it up about a month or so ago, So thats what you'll see me on pretty much all the time haha.

@CAMAROBOY69 Look forward to seeing you on FM5 and BF4. I have been addicted to BF4 since I picked it up about a month or so ago, So thats what you'll see me on pretty much all the time haha.
Excellent. I will also have Destiny and The Master Chief Collection at launch. After that I have Horizon 2, The Crew, and Far Cry 4 to consider. This will be one of the best 4th quarters for gaming since 2007 IMO.

A few of my other friends that you played with will also be getting the X1 very soon. They were just pretty much waiting for me before they picked it up. I told them to wait about a year. Here we are about a year later. :)

Excellent. I will also have Destiny and The Master Chief Collection at launch. After that I have Horizon 2, The Crew, and Far Cry 4 to consider. This will be one of the best 4th quarters for gaming since 2007 IMO.
I agree. There's to many games coming out, that I havent even decided which ones I would pick up first. Horizon 2, Dragon age: Inquisition, Alien:Isolation are the first few I can think of that I'm really interested in, but there are alot more that I'm forgetting.

A few of my other friends that you played with will also be getting the X1 very soon. They were just pretty much waiting for me before they picked it up. I told them to wait about a year. Here we are about a year later. :)
Good to hear, gives me some company on BF4(hopefully.) Been playing it solo all this time.

I agree. There's to many games coming out, that I havent even decided which ones I would pick up first. Horizon 2, Dragon age: Inquisition, Alien:Isolation are the first few I can think of that I'm really interested in, but there are alot more that I'm forgetting.

Good to hear, gives me some company on BF4(hopefully.) Been playing it solo all this time.
If you are enjoying the BF4 mp solo that is a very good sign. Because usually the BF mp games are not very fun solo. I didn't even enjoy BF3 mp solo. But loved it with friends. Especially if you have team mates that communicate very well.

Oh that reminds me, did you ever get a chance to check out the BF4 co-op? Or have you heard much about it? There were only a few co-op modes in BF3. Might be a better question to ask in the BF4 thread.

Back