The Xbox One Thread - One X & One SXBOne 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 5,072 comments
20141110_192634.jpg
this sucks:( its not my internet cable, just tried it in my ps4 and its working fine....

"Domino's! Feed me!"
Windows Central
If you live in the UK or Ireland and own an Xbox One, you can be among the first in the world to download and use the official Domino's Pizza app for the game console. Microsoft released the app earlier today for those territories.

In addition to using the old-fashioned game controller, the Domino's Pizza app will reportedly open if an Xbox One user has his or her Kinect sensor connected and shouts "Domino's feed me!". The app lets users order their favorite pizzas, sides, drinks and desserts directly from the app, which is then delivered to their door by the nearest Domino's brick and mortar location. A Pizza Hut app for the older Xbox 360 was released a couple of years ago but so far that restaurant franchise has yet to launch a similar app for the Xbox One. So far there's no word on when the Domino's app will launch in the US.

Hey everyone I just bought a Xbox One and I am wondering if there is a way to buy a xbox gift card online to purchase DLC in canada. I don't want to use my credit card and would rather use paypal.

Yeah, PayPal appears to have been removed, which is a shame. Had to add a new card when I paid the odd £4.99 on my GTA V download.

VXR
Yeah, PayPal appears to have been removed, which is a shame. Had to add a new card when I paid the odd £4.99 on my GTA V download.

Well I think paypal still works in Canada but you have to attach a credit card to it? That's not what I want to do. :(

A question to you Xbox guys...

Is there a way to disable the sound notifcation on game invites, but not the popup window?

So when I invite a friend, he will get a popup about the invite, but not the bloody sound...

If there's anyone stateside looking to get an Xbox One, now's the time:

Xbox One Closes a Record-Breaking Holiday and Looks Ahead to 2015

Xbox Wire
The past year was a fantastic one for the video game industry – and Xbox One ended 2014 with an unprecedented holiday season, becoming the best-selling console in the U.S. in November and December.* In fact, weekly average sales during these months outpaced Xbox 360 by 50 percent at the same point in its lifecycle.

[...]

“Building off a record-setting holiday, we are excited to announce a new promotion in which fans in the U.S. can buy an Xbox One at a special price of $349, starting tomorrow, January 16, from their preferred retailer,” said Mike Nichols, Corporate Vice President of Marketing for Xbox. “We are thankful for all the excitement for Xbox One this holiday and proud to offer more fans the amazing games lineup, Xbox Live gaming community, and continual innovation that Xbox One fans have come to enjoy.”

Thanks to the Deals with Gold 40% discount and £26 in gifted Xbox credit on my account, Sunset Overdrive cost a whopping 99p on my bank card! Can't wait to sink my teeth into it tomorrow night.

I played my first XBOX One game of any kind earlier today. I tried out the demo to Forza Motorsport 5. It was a great experican trying out the some of the cars in the two-lap run around Prague. The last time I remember wanting to go fast around Prague, it was when I saw the brief DVD movie "The Run" featuring a Nissan 350Z going around the streets of Prague, Czech Republic. I was impressed with the graphic detail with the cars and the environment. I won my first race with the awesome McLaren P1, 2nd with the vintage Ford Mustang, and won with the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. Some of you may remember that I said the XBOX One controller is quite comfortable to me? I was pleased playing with the controller in my racing. I used a [wired] XBOX 360 controller for my PC. And for someone who doesn't own an XBOX of any kind, and as someone used to the PlayStation controllers, I am really getting used to the XBOX controllers. The XBOX One controller is no different.

So I was super pleased to play an XBOX One game.

Hey everyone I just bought a Xbox One and I am wondering if there is a way to buy a xbox gift card online to purchase DLC in canada. I don't want to use my credit card and would rather use paypal.
There is. I would try Amazon. However, you can buy those cards at retail.

Some of you may remember that I said the XBOX One controller is quite comfortable to me? I was pleased playing with the controller in my racing. I used a [wired] XBOX 360 controller for my PC. And for someone who doesn't own an XBOX of any kind, and as someone used to the PlayStation controllers, I am really getting used to the XBOX controllers. The XBOX One controller is no different.
You sound excited :). There's a good chance i will play with the Xbone controller also because of the whole wheel scam so i wanted to ask you if the new controller is a major improvement over the 360 one, especially as the 360 pad lacked vibration?

The Xbox one controller pros compared to the 360, IMO-

1- (Wireless) No battery bulge
2- Triggers and RB/LB flow better (I can press the triggers while pressing RB/LB)
3- Triggers also have rumble/vibration, really makes it easier to feel the game, moreso racing games, braking etc.
4- Edges of controller, where your palms are, has more curvature that fits better in the hand.

The bad thing is the controller for the One feels cheaper, less solid than the 360 but I'd take the One over the 360 now.

The Xbox one controller pros compared to the 360, IMO-

1- (Wireless) No battery bulge
2- Triggers and RB/LB flow better (I can press the triggers while pressing RB/LB)
3- Triggers also have rumble/vibration, really makes it easier to feel the game, moreso racing games, braking etc.
4- Edges of controller, where your palms are, has more curvature that fits better in the hand.

The bad thing is the controller for the One feels cheaper, less solid than the 360 but I'd take the One over the 360 now.
And when you drive over curbs, hit the dirt by the side of the road or drive over cobblestones you also feel the vibration now?

When I go back to my 360 controller it feels weird. The one controller is dramatically better. It's so much lighter and fits nicer in your hand. Not particularly fussed on the vibrating triggers, though, but I just turn them off.

When I played around with Forza Motorsport 5 with the XBOX One controller, it did sort of feel like I've felt almost everything. I once had a PS2 controller that vibrated early and often to almost anything. I remembered playing (for example) Swiss Alps in GT3 as the thing was vibrating like crazy except for when you went over the wood bridge. Thankfully, it wasn't that much a vibrating showcase with the XBOX One controller. It does feel more comfortable and lighter with the XBOX One controller compared to the XBOX 360 controller.

Something else I wanted to mention... I watched someone play "Trials Fusion" on the same XBOX One kiosk on the same day I played Forza Motorsport 5. The game looked very nice, but one level someone was playing was brutal! I joked the course should have been called "Suicide Run" since the course seemed to be built around you as you had no idea what was going to be added. The guy who played the demo kept getting owned. I didn't play this title, though. There are already a lot of the physics-type racing games, most of which are Flash games or indie gamer deals, and they don't interest me too much.

Same strategy here! Hopefully by then the X1 will be more affordable. Can't say the same for FM6 though!
FM6 for collecting cars and racing them (the game GT should have been), FH2 (or 3) for cruising and enjoying the magnificent views and PCARS for sim racing. Sounds like an all rounder for a racing fan if you ask me :)

Will wait for a price drop though (hence the FM6 release date) as i'm planning to buy a pc also so i can keep using my wheel and play the sims with it, so i guess this gen PS4 falls out of the boat temporarily. It is the most popular console but it just doesn't have the Forza series...

FM6 for collecting cars and racing them (the game GT should have been), FH2 (or 3) for cruising and enjoying the magnificent views and PCARS for sim racing. Sounds like an all rounder for a racing fan if you ask me :)

Will wait for a price drop though (hence the FM6 release date) as i'm planning to buy a pc also so i can keep using my wheel and play the sims with it, so i guess this gen PS4 falls out of the boat temporarily. It is the most popular console but it just doesn't have the Forza series...

Tis' a GOOD year to be a racing game fan! :D

Ah, if only the PS4 welcomed the Forza franchise, I'd pull in every string I could to get me hands on one.

I wonder when they are going to restyle their console, usually they bring out a smaller version after a year or 2 and seeing the Xbone is quite a large box, this would come in handy.

VXR
Great news about the screenshot feature on its way. All the console was lacking, for me.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/09/xbox-one-screenshot-capture-teased-by-microsoft-boss/
I have been surprised more games do not implement that feature. Now it will be nice that the X1 will have that feature built in on its own. So many beautiful games. Many times I wanted a screenshot feature. Especially for FC4. Or even where you just want a screenshot of the final kills after a great match. Or even photo competitions if the quality is really good.

On a side note, it seems some of the party issues are a little more unstable at times than they were before. So now if the party acts up, I just chat in game. At least now they added an "X" next to the persons name that we cant hear. Before it was a guessing game. I wonder if it could also be happening if not everyone has their controller updated.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've been looking around for XB1 deals for several days as I'm looking to get into Forza. I've been researching Forza bundles and I've got several questions that I'd like answered:

• Some FM5 bundles I've seen in the UK contain the Racing Game of the Year edition that contains the free DLC tracks and the Top Gear Car Pack; is this all it the DLC this version has as standard or is there more in the GOTY edition?

• FM5 bundles I've seen say the full game contained in the bundle is a digital download from Xbox Live; is XBL necessary in order for me to download and play it? Or once it's downloaded to the system, can I play it without XBL?

• Some places in the UK say that the XB1 comes with a 14 day XBL Gold trial membership whereas others don't say that; is this true? Will I need to cancel it manually to avoid being charged once the trial runs out?

• The Xbox support page says that new users can sign up for a free XBL membership and/or a free 1 month trial of XBL Gold; what's the difference between the two? Does the same rules for cancelling the trial membership apply here as well?

• If I were to go for the Horizon 2 bundle and buy a boxed copy of the vanilla version of FM5, what free DLC is available to download for both FM5 and H2?

I've been scratching my head about what to do, so I thought that I'd ask around here? I appreciate the help in answering these questions.

Regards

AudiMan2011

Back