TOCA Race Driver 2 coming for PS2> U.S. release or only everywhere else?

• Thread starter bmw5150
  • 22 comments
I think its only in Europe, cause they are calling it Toca Race Driver 2, and I think that in US its called Pro Race Driver 2. It´s set for an October 5 release, with an extra track(Catalunia) and online mode up to 8 players. I´m looking foreward to it. Have you seen this?

IGN
September 01, 2004 - Codemasters' ToCA returns, this time on the PlayStation 2. What was an incredible looking game is shaping up quite nice on the PS2. Somehow, the UK developer has managed to keep most of what makes Race Driver 2 look so damn good. Reflection mapping on the cars is excellent, rivaling what we saw on the Xbox.

Even better, the game runs at 60 frames-per-second with up to 21 drivers on track at the same time. It still has 15 different motor racing styles including GT Sports Car Racing, Street Racing, Rally, DTM, V8 Supercars, Global GT Lights, Rally Cross, Formula Ford, Open Wheel Grand Prix, Classic Car Racing, Super Truck racing, Stockcar Oval Racing, Ice-Racing, Convertible Racing and Performance Cars.

Also included in the game are 52 racing circuits including the world famous Laguna Seca, Surfers Paradise, Euro Speedway, Donington Park, Kyalami and Road America circuits. We spent the day, racing away at the various venues and found the game to play as good as its Xbox counterpart. You don't have to take our word for it; we've got movies to prove it. We'll be back with more movies and screens on this surprise racer for the holiday season.

-- Tyrone Rodriguez

I'm pretty sure it will be released in the US just under a different name,just like the first game.The game is officially called TOCA Race Driver 2 but when i look at my cd box it says DTM Race Driver 2.It's stupid that they call it TOCA since there is no TOCA series in the game anymore.But anyway,don't worry about it,the game will ship to the US aswell.

GTChamp2003
I'm pretty sure it will be released in the US just under a different name,just like the first game.The game is officially called TOCA Race Driver 2 but when i look at my cd box it says DTM Race Driver 2.It's stupid that they call it TOCA since there is no TOCA series in the game anymore.But anyway,don't worry about it,the game will ship to the US aswell.
I hope so, then I will be able to play it online :)

It will be called ToCA Race Driver 2 in the USand some parts of Europe, DTM in other parts and V8 Supercars 2 in Australia and NZ.

Good news!!! Well at least for me :)

Toca 2 is going to be released in the US, actually its coming out in America even before Europe gets it.

10/5 US release
10/8 EU release

bmw5150
I hope it's good! Have any of you played it on XBOX??????
I have played on my friend´s Xbox a few times and I used to play the online demo on my PC too. Its a very good game, even better online.

But the PS2 version will be a little different from the Xbox one. It will have an extra track as I´ve mentioned before, but will also feature a "Pro Sim" mode, with full support for the Logitech´s 900° DFP wheel.

The PC version has this Pro Sim mode too, and I´ve tried to play it a few times, but it was impossible to do it with the keyboard. I think it will be very hard to play it even with the DS2. And unfortunally I don´t own a wheel yet.

Toca Race Driver 2 on the PS2 will be quite cool.........only thing thats worrying me is that it aint gonna look graphically amazing :guilty: . I don't really know if it will do the PS2 justice......Codemasters just can't make it look as good as GT4......

Cool, I need more games to play with my DForcePro. It cost $$$$; they need to come up with better games so it's worthed.

by the way, I'm really getting tired of waiting for GT4 and there isn't any great game for the wheel right now... maybe Toca race driver 2 is just what I needed.

The graphics won't be better on the PS2 version.It's just not possible.Frst off,the PC has much higer resolution,bump mapping,anti-aliasing etc.
It won't look much worse though.

Cool! Is this an Indy car? or is it Cart? Either way thats nice... :)

toca-race-driver-2-20040902051344320.jpg

Attachments

• toca2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
That's a Masters GP car.It goes really really quick.Here are a few more shots from the PC version with a custom skin:

I don't usually drive it,too fast for me hehe.Another reason is that not many people play it online so i stick to the GT Lights.

Thanks for making it clear. One thing though, this car is freaking ugly! Is this master GP car an actual existing car or they just made it up? thanks again...

It's a fictional car,in other words, not real.And i agree with you,it is kind of ugly.There are IRL(Indy Racing League) cars in the game though.They do look like their real life counterparts.

FatAssBR
Good news!!! Well at least for me :)

Toca 2 is going to be released in the US, actually its coming out in America even before Europe gets it.

10/5 US release
10/8 EU release

That sucks, cause I always thought that TOCA was a racing championship held in Britain or England. It seems quite silly to release the game in other countries, before releasing it in the country the championship is held in.

Back