Transparent/ghosted cars in online events?

• Thread starter TheNormsk
  • 0 comments

TheNormsk

Premium
United States
Wisconsin
BritGuyInUSA
So I've been racing the daily races for a few days now, getting better at it but I noticed a few things.

One is that there are situations were cars go transparent (ghosted?). A particular example was the first turn at Monza with the McClaren P1. About 5 or 6 cars all went transparent and appeared to drive through each other in what would have been a massive pileup. I'm not sure of I drove through that or around it now but at the end of it I was ahead of them...

In a second instance there was a car behind me and we were racing bumper to bumper and we were all very clean, until I saw the car just drive straight through me. In the replay, the car was behind, then went transparent and next it was in front of me. It did not appear to affect either car apart from the fact I lost a position.

Lastly, this one is more obvious, is when I see a car spin out in front of me, hit the wall and come back on track. They are usually transparent for a number of seconds allowing you to drive through them without being impacted by their mistake. However in other times, crashes don't result in transparent cars and if you don't avoid them then you crash as well.

I'm trying to understand why cars go transparent and the consistency of it? For instance, is it only crashes of a certain magnitude or bad driving on the part of the other driver is so bad that they go transparent so as not to penalize you?

Last edited:
Back