Tunes from "The Wizard" (Now with my "CHEATING" 111r)

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 128 comments
That's awesome!!

I'm hoping that @AngHell starts posting his tuning suggestions up on the site soon. He's one of the fastest player I know of and he'll bring a more traditional approach to tuning. He'll also have video of his exploits.

Hello Mr Voodoovaj... i love your tunes i really do. Your tunes are amazing for me. I try the wizard but it too difficult for me. I don't understand how to use it. Are there easy instruction to use the wizard?
Secondly, i only find 9 tunes here. Are there another tunes that you not post here? Please post another tunes if you have sometime. Thank you.

Hello Mr Voodoovaj... i love your tunes i really do. Your tunes are amazing for me. I try the wizard but it too difficult for me. I don't understand how to use it. Are there easy instruction to use the wizard?
Secondly, i only find 9 tunes here. Are there another tunes that you not post here? Please post another tunes if you have sometime. Thank you.

There are instructions on the site, but I can post them here as well. It's pretty simple.

Step 1 - Go to the sheet that matches your cars drive layout, so FF, FR, 4WD, MR, RR

Step 2 - Enter your car's weight, then it's front weight distribution, then add any downforce that you have on the car.

At this point the wizard will give you setting for the differential and torque split if you have 4wd.

Step 3 - Decide on a ride height. This is your choosing based on what you like. For instance, I like my cars low so sometimes I sacrifice performance for good looks :). Usually, a car will have a default ride height when you put the adjustable suspension on it. That can be a good starting point, but I always go lower than that. So enter, 70, or 80, or 90 or whatever you like. For rally tuning, enter the highest ride height value possible for that car.

At this point, the wizard will give you Front and Rear ride height and various spring rate options. The ride heights are always offset to compensate for the weight distribution of the car. The spring rates are all optional and it is up to you to choose the one that best works with the car you have. Some cars do not allow the lowest values, so you have no choice but to go harder.

I tend to choose the softest option possible choice to start, and if I don't like how that feels, I choose the next step up. In the majority of cases, the rate highlighted in yellow will be the best overall choice (but not always).

Step 4 - Enter the value of the spring rate you have chosen to get damping and anti-roll bar values.

Remember, this wizard tries to PREDICT what will work. You might have to make a little adjustment after you drive the car.

As for other tunes, I will post more at some point but I find that I can always find some little adjustment that makes the car better and makes the tune outdated. I always have the wizard running if I am playing online.

I updated my Evora Tune

For this car, I entered a weight distribution of 44/56 rather than it's actual weight of 41/59. I also chose medium hard front spring and a medium rear. This one is tuned for 500.
Weight
Full weight reduction. 1200kg

Power
Intake tuning
Semi-racing exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter

Drivetrain
26/7/16
Triple plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft

Transmission
Set the transmission to 4.000. Adjust the speed until 6th gear is around 1.000.

1st 4.174
2nd 2.898
3rd 2.116
4th 1.629
5th 1.311
6th 1.103
Final 2.594

Suspension
Ride height 87/93
Springs 6.07/10.55
Compression 3/3
Extension 4/6
Anti-roll bars 4/3
Camber 0/0
Toe 0/0.30

Enjoy!

Did your wizard once have a camber option? Or am I showing my age being forgetful. I sure hope it was there. If not, do you have any plans to adjust the wizard to include camber? I see you updated the lotus , thank you

It did, I removed it because camber was so messed up. I just uploaded a new version that has a completely new take on camber prediction. SO far, I am getting great results. The right camber setup can almost male up for the loss of grip from 1.08 and in some cases, exceeds it.

Thank you. So will you be tweeking the new lotus tune to include camber? Looking forward to driving the tune after work.

Last edited:
Thank you. So will you be tweeting the new lotus tune to include camber? Looking forward to driving the tune after work.

I will be :) - I will also do the new VW. My day job has been getting in the way of Wizard promotion time.

Just discovered your tuning wizard. Thanks! But do you have to have Excel to use it? I ask because the cells are locked on the online version.

It's excel online, so you won't need it installed. The cells that you can edit are unlocked. I want to use something else, but for the time being that was the path of least resistance.

I updated my Evora Tune

For this car, I entered a weight distribution of 44/56 rather than it's actual weight of 41/59. I also chose medium hard front spring and a medium rear. This one is tuned for 500.
Weight
Full weight reduction. 1200kg

Power
Intake tuning
Semi-racing exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter

Drivetrain
26/7/16
Triple plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft

Transmission
Set the transmission to 4.000. Adjust the speed until 6th gear is around 1.000.

1st 4.174
2nd 2.898
3rd 2.116
4th 1.629
5th 1.311
6th 1.103
Final 2.594

Suspension
Ride height 87/93
Springs 6.07/10.55
Compression 3/3
Extension 4/6
Anti-roll bars 4/3
Camber 0/0
Toe 0/0.30

Enjoy!
Thankyou for the revision of this.
What tyres is it for?

Thankyou for the revision of this.
What tyres is it for?

I always do stuff on RS tires because there are more public rooms running RS than anything else. However, just use the wizard with a higher ride height to get set ups for harder tires. So, for instance, if you want to run the Evora on SS, try giving it 5mm to 6mm of additional ride height and see what it spits out.

I use 3 front and back. I've spoken to so many people about brakes and the settings are all over the map. One of the fastest guys I know often uses 0 in the front. I find that 4 or higher causes understeer on corner entry, but that could just be me.

FYI, over time I find that less and less braking yield faster and faster times. @AngHell often runs around with racing brakes at 1 or 0. I find 1 F/R is best and racing brakes always makes stopping more linear. As you crawl further up the scale in brake boost, you get locking happening with less pressure. 1 (or 0) give the broadest range of braking input for the most subtle amount of control.

I've redone a bunch of the calculations in the wizard. I added camber, revised ride height, roll bars, and toe.

I used some of the worst driving offenders in trying to get the updated done. Also, as I mentioned in my blog, when the physics gets updated as it did in 1.09, the static tunes become junk so use any pre 1.09 tune with that in mind.

the enzo and bmw m5 junk? please no. I must have given out these two tunes over 50 times. they are both killer tunes. the enzo was a go-to at 550pp. look forward to an update for these twins. thank you for all you do

the enzo and bmw m5 junk? please no. I must have given out these two tunes over 50 times. they are both killer tunes. the enzo was a go-to at 550pp. look forward to an update for these twins. thank you for all you do

Ok, maybe not junk, but there will be a faster tune now. I'll update those and repost them.

I never really liked the damper prediction, which was based on the knowledge base of forums. It just didn't seem right to me.

So, I gave it a proper think and approached it as I would a real spring. In other words, the less spring force there is, the more the compression needs to be damped and the less the extension needs to be damped (and vice versa). I found a consistent calculation for this and I immediately found additional gains over the previous predictions.

Would this tuning make it on the Historic Race Car Cup? I did'nt try yet, but I assume this Dodge must be as near as possible to the 750PP. I already installed the Engine Tuning Stage 1 but I don't want to spend too much on it, so.... What do you think? Please help me with some tips!

Would this tuning make it on the Historic Race Car Cup? I did'nt try yet, but I assume this Dodge must be as near as possible to the 750PP. I already installed the Engine Tuning Stage 1 but I don't want to spend too much on it, so.... What do you think? Please help me with some tips!

It's been a while and a few updates since this tune. You can give it a try. It will still be ok-ish, but not as good as an updated one.

I've got an app on the way. Hopefully only a few weeks away.

It's been a while and a few updates since this tune. You can give it a try. It will still be ok-ish, but not as good as an updated one.

I've got an app on the way. Hopefully only a few weeks away.

Thanks Voodoovaj!

Well.... I've tried with this tune and just could make it on the 4th, so I'll try to give this car a 2nd opportunity with some other tune. Hopefully without spend too much credits. I hope to hear soon about that app.

I wanted to post this up because I'm impressed. Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't get RS corner speeds on SS tires before.

I put new toe prediction into the new version of the Wizard and I'm really happy with the results. Hopefully, the new version is ready for release by the end of the week.

By the way, the sound in the background is my dogs wrestling :D

Latest Posts

Back