tuning for straight line drag racing

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 1 comments
Especially for the tunnel in SS7 and runway on top gear's track. Can someone provide a great tune for these cars:

06 G35 Coupe and Honda 06 S2000.

Mostly interested in adjusting the gear ratios for optimal power and of course other adjustments to suspension and etc as well.

Especially for the tunnel in SS7 and runway on top gear's track. Can someone provide a great tune for these cars:

06 G35 Coupe and Honda 06 S2000.

Mostly interested in adjusting the gear ratios for optimal power and of course other adjustments to suspension and etc as well.

as a general straight-line tuning guide which helped my cien do the tunnel run coming out at 255 uphill and 257 downhill..... on my cien my first gear hits around 70, 2nd hits 110, 3rd hits 150, 4th hits 185, 5th hits 225 and 6th will pull through 265 and keep going... suspension is slammed to the ground with higher spring rates, still need to work on those... this car is an animal and i only spent 3-4 runs tuning it... for your lower-power cars i'd tune 1st for something like 55mph, 2nd for 85-90, 3rd for 120ish, 4th for 145, 5th for 160, 6th till 200ish... idk how fast those two cars will hit but always try to have first gear as the longest and progressively make them shorter, depending on the car of course... some cars like to have a big load to pull on (supras for example) while others like a very short rpm window to work with... gotta look at the power band and where peak power happens... you wanna be pulling through the traps (or finish line) at just past peak hp, if you ever do the math (on real-world cars) you'll see that the most wheel torque (engine torque means crap) happens just after peak hp, and every car no matter what it is will pull hardest at that peak wheel torque point... so... i hope that helped :)

Back