Turbo unavailable on e46?

United States
United States
Hi all,

I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not able to install a turbo or supercharger on my e46 M3. Is there a prereq that I have to install, a bug, or are we just not able to in this game?

Thanks!

Some cars like 911 GT3 don't have turbos available. No idea why. GT is much more nitpicky than Forza when it comes to upgrades.

In this game however adding power is a big no-no because it's very easy to have literally no grip available. My C7 Corvette with 700+ bhp was spinning wheels in 4th gear.

Adding turbo to naturally aspirated engines typically requires a big overhaul. I think PD wants to keep the upgrade process transparent and simple by only allowing turbo upgrades on cars that were born with a turbo.

Adding turbo to naturally aspirated engines typically requires a big overhaul. I think PD wants to keep the upgrade process transparent and simple by only allowing turbo upgrades on cars that were born with a turbo.
That'd be true except you can turbo a Miata and an S13 (ca18de) which both are NA.

There is no reason why I would be able to supercharge a 2016 Viper, but not turbocharge it.

Recently unlocka engine swap for BMW M3 '03 and it can have a turbocharger. Also it has more fuel like a Group car & no more oversteer with Praiano tune. It was about 5-10 seconds faster at WTC 700 Le Mans.

Back