Tvr cerbera speed 12??

• Thread starter banana123
  • 17 comments
Just bought a tvr cerbera speed 12, fully tuned it. Its got tons of power and downforce, its quite light but its still 2secs slower than the veyron. Any1 else find this. If so, why

It is slower because it understeers badly and has little or no front downforce. The Veyron also accelerates faster because of it's 4 wheel drive, the Speed 12 will spin it's wheels up or the TC will cut the power. If you actually 'tune' your car (so far you've only modified it) it should be faster.

NFSCARBON1
It is slower because it understeers badly and has little or no front downforce. The Veyron also accelerates faster because of it's 4 wheel drive, the Speed 12 will spin it's wheels up or the TC will cut the power. If you actually 'tune' your car (so far you've only modified it) it should be faster.

The understee isnt that bad as i did some tuning, the downforce is 40 at the front and like 70 at the back (around about). Which is alot. The wheels spin a bit on no traction control but not enough to slow it down by 2 seconds

Doesn't understeer much at all if you drive the way the car needs to be driven. It's similar to the Veyron in that, to get it to perform at potential you need to adapt your driving style to it's reality.

Tireseas
Doesn't understeer much at all if you drive the way the car needs to be driven. It's similar to the Veyron in that, to get it to perform at potential you need to adapt your driving style to it's reality.

Yeah true, but why is the cerbera so slow around tight city tracks like rome, maybe traction as there r loads of slow corners

The Speed 12 is not slow, not by any stretch of the imagination. No car is built to perform everywhere, and the TVR was mothballed for the reason that it's too difficult to drive on the road. Taking it to a street circuit like Rome is like taking a Kei car to Daytona; of course it'll expose the flaws and the compromise, or lack thereof. Take it to a fast track, it's awesome.

The last owner of TVR said they would never mass produce the car after taking it for a road test because the car was to insane for any driver.

Dont get me wrong, i love the car but i was just wondering why it was slower than the veyron round rome but that has now been explained, cheers

I did a drag race with a mate a few nights back, the Speed 12 beats a standard Veyron down the Mulsanne straight aswell (upto 200mph or so anyway)

Back