Two competitive races a week? really?

• Thread starter OakleyPete
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I'm completely hooked on GT7 Sport Mode as I was with GT Sport before it. But I'm finding the lack of competitive racing options really frustrating, compounded by the move in recent weeks to only have two of the three "daily races" count toward DR and SR. While I know there are lobbies as well, I have yet to find any lobby which can consistently be relied on to stay open for a race of more than 1 or 2 laps, mostly they tend to bomb out or kick players.

What does everyone else do other than repeatedly play the dailies?

Is there any feature request forum with Polyphony somewhere? There are loads of ways they could improve this.w

• Be honest, and rebrand "daily races" as "weekly races".
  • Actually have a couple of races that cycle daily.
  • Have more than 3 "daily" races (all contributing to DR and SR to encourage fair play/competition)
  • In addition to the one-shot daily race, have a daily cup, where you have to race three tracks with points counting from each to an overall result.
  • Limit the number of times you can enter a nations/manufacturer cup race, but have a broader window of time in which to make those attempts - for those of us that go out weekend evenings/afternoons(!).
  • Have some server-managed lobbies which cycle through a set of tracks offering DR/SR races

Any other ideas?

Does anyone know how to reliably find lobbies to have DR/SR races that won't drop midway (for a borderline BS/AS driver)?

Thanks for reading my rant ;)

Why do you need races that count towards DR/SR, when I may ask...?

Those A races we have know,that don't count towards DR/SR are way better than originally expected and provide great fun...people tend to be less uptight in those races, they just race without thinking too much about possible DR/SR loss

Lobby racing never affects DR/SR, however if you want to find decent lobbies the way is neither far nor tough:

We can have ideas till the cows come home it's down to PD and what they want to do in the end.

At the least I'd like to seem cycled more theres no reason it has to be a week.

1 or 2 lap qualifying before each daily would completely change the dynamic of the entire sport mode. As it is your starting position normally is set for the week after a day or two. Like last week at Watkins I was starting 8-11 every race. I couldn’t set a better time and it got frustrating. Qualifying would mix it up every race.

I'm completely hooked on GT7 Sport Mode as I was with GT Sport before it. But I'm finding the lack of competitive racing options really frustrating, compounded by the move in recent weeks to only have two of the three "daily races" count toward DR and SR. While I know there are lobbies as well, I have yet to find any lobby which can consistently be relied on to stay open for a race of more than 1 or 2 laps, mostly they tend to bomb out or kick players.

What does everyone else do other than repeatedly play the dailies?

Is there any feature request forum with Polyphony somewhere? There are loads of ways they could improve this.w

• Be honest, and rebrand "daily races" as "weekly races".
  • Actually have a couple of races that cycle daily.
  • Have more than 3 "daily" races (all contributing to DR and SR to encourage fair play/competition)
  • In addition to the one-shot daily race, have a daily cup, where you have to race three tracks with points counting from each to an overall result.
  • Limit the number of times you can enter a nations/manufacturer cup race, but have a broader window of time in which to make those attempts - for those of us that go out weekend evenings/afternoons(!).
  • Have some server-managed lobbies which cycle through a set of tracks offering DR/SR races

Any other ideas?

Does anyone know how to reliably find lobbies to have DR/SR races that won't drop midway (for a borderline BS/AS driver)?

Thanks for reading my rant ;)
Thank You Thank You - a voice of reason…. When GTsport first appeared the daily races did change daily but it stopped after an update - no reason ever given

When GTsport first appeared the daily races did change daily but it stopped after an update - no reason ever given
That's actually not entirely true.

The GT Sport Daily Races weren't actually changed on a daily basis until two weeks after launch, with the first two sets being roughly a week each (actually the first set was longer, as it was in place before public launch):

They changed back to weekly changes about nine months later:

While there wasn't a reason given it simply seemed to be the case that they were churning through the cars and tracks too quickly - given how small the game was at launch - and players didn't like having a great combo pop up on a day they couldn't race.

We can have ideas till the cows come home it's down to PD and what they want to do in the end.

At the least I'd like to seem cycled more theres no reason it has to be a week.

If I worked for PD, I would read this forum avidly to see what my customers thought ;)

Back