Suzuka Lap Times For 640+ Cars!

Man you're a better driver than me. You should re-test all my cars :cheers:

Well to be fair, it wasn't a cakewalk, I mean you have almost half the total mileage on ONE track than I do all together. :eek:

It's takes some commitment to run that many cars on that one track and still put up challenging times.

Besides, I like something to aim for and your times are very tough to beat. :D

So thank you for putting up some quick times but more importantly, for giving people a basic guide as to what's good and bad. :cheers: 👍

I got really nervous for a minute. I re-tested the Charger SRT8 and did more than 2 seconds better, and then I realized I didn't limit the power to the correct 425 hp. Apparently it comes with 469 hp...Way to screw up royally, PD.

I got really nervous for a minute. I re-tested the Charger SRT8 and did more than 2 seconds better, and then I realized I didn't limit the power to the correct 425 hp. Apparently it comes with 469 hp...Way to screw up royally, PD.

I think the charger has the 6.4 Hemi which did have around 470hp compared to the challenger's 6.1 Hemi.

Seems you're right. I wish PD would have specified that in the Car Info screen...

So then the actual time changes from 2:23.925 to 2:21.742 and from 486 PP to 498.

Also, it hits 145 mph on the straight. Not bad for a 4,365 lb fat American :sly:

It about ties with the Jaguar XFR '10 and BMW M3 '04.

Last edited:
Re-tested the Corvette Grand Sport '96. I know I can get a high 2:21 out of this car, but with a controller it's making me want to pull my hair out and scream. @Vic Reign93 I'm pretty sure you can do it. My luck is just crap today.

Old - 2:23.362
New - 2:22.508

I'm so sick of having to restart a lap just because I moved the stick a millimeter too much.

Last edited:
Re-tested the Corvette Grand Sport '96. I know I can get a high 2:21 out of this car, but with a controller it's making me want to pull my hair out and scream. @Vic Reign93 I'm pretty sure you can do it. My luck is just crap today.

Old - 2:23.362
New - 2:22.508

I'm so sick of having to restart a lap just because I moved the stick a millimeter too much.

image.jpg

It's completely possible for a 2:21 with a DS3, but to say you have to be damn near perfect is an understatement. :P

I think you should give yourself a well earned break from time attacking, you've definitely earned one in my opinion. 👍:cheers:

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you go for this limit and you failed repeatedly. So, you turn off your PS3, eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream and remind yourself that 'There's nothing wrong with coming in 7,000th place in this week's Seasonal Event!'. Then you kick your Playstation."

-ALB123

:dunce: :banghead: :grumpy:

I might do the AutoUnion, but the Tank Car is 100% fake, isn't it?
Nope it's real, In fact since it got introduced back in GT4, Jay Leno has had the Tank car twin turbo'd for better fuel mileage with the side effect of obviously more power. :P 1600hp and 3000 ibf-ft of torque are the estimated figures. :eek:

Nope it's real, In fact since it got introduced back in GT4, Jay Leno has had the Tank car twin turbo'd for better fuel mileage with the side effect of obviously more power. :P 1600hp and 3000 ibf-ft of torque are the estimated figures. :eek:

Yup. Youtube it.

If everyone who thanked SuzukaStar for this hard work gave him a dollar, he could probably buy a wheel...

...then he would feel the need to have to do this work all over again using that wheel.

No question. ;) I get the impression he has more speed available, but can't put it together as consistently as he's reaching his limits with the DS3.

As someone who's barely quicker than him ( and I do mean barely ), it's an exercise in patience to nail a very quick lap with minimal mistakes with a DS3.

But damn is it satisfying when you do. :cheers:

Don't know if anyone cares or not, but I just dumped all this data into Excel and calculated that the correlational coefficient between laptime and PP is -0.874. Which just goes to show that PP rating is a good, but far from perfect, quantifying of a car's racing potential.

I wish we could do something like this with an AI driver on multiple tracks. That'd be nifty. :)

Don't know if anyone cares or not, but I just dumped all this data into Excel and calculated that the correlational coefficient between laptime and PP is -0.874. Which just goes to show that PP rating is a good, but far from perfect, quantifying of a car's racing potential.

I wish we could do something like this with an AI driver on multiple tracks. That'd be nifty. :)
i played with the data a few weeks ago and noticed that lighter cars did better on that track than heavier.
I think it would be cool to see if there is a track where PP is really close to perfect. but that might not be possible because a heavy acceleration track at 400pp, could be a very technical track at 600pp

Agreed, bring back b-spec!
I kinda feel like our B-spec drivers were never consistent enough for simple "scientific testing," so you'd have to have them do a ton of laps and take the average. Plus, we were never allowed to run them on time trials. :)

i played with the data a few weeks ago and noticed that lighter cars did better on that track than heavier.

Yeah, I wish my stats skills were stronger, 'cause I was definitely interested in playing with the data. I was trying to find out which cars were "punching above (or below) their weight," so to speak, and couldn't figure out a good way to calculate that. The absolute failure of what I ended up trying (involving differences between deviations from the mean) was rather embarrassing, honestly.

I think it would be cool to see if there is a track where PP is really close to perfect. but that might not be possible because a heavy acceleration track at 400pp, could be a very technical track at 600pp
Well, we know that PP aren't perfect because there are some very strong factors in laptime that the number ignores: tires, suspension, gearing, downforce, etc. Now, granted, some of those can't be calculated in abstract since their effect varies by track (e.g., good gearing for Tskuba would terrible for the Circuit de la Sarthe), but something like tires definitely have a strong effect on almost any track.

As it is, PP definitely have more going on than merely power/weight ratios (as is evidenced by the cars' stats in our garage), but I'm not entirely positive what else it uses. All I know is that there are times where it massively fails to capture the performance potential of some cars (e.g., underestimating the GSX-R/4 or, as I experienced the other day, overestimating the stock Aston Martin DB9). And the fact that race cars can have the same PP as street cars despite being enormously faster is probably the best evidence of this.

Sorry, I didn't intend to dive into a tangent about PP. :)

I kinda feel like our B-spec drivers were never consistent enough for simple "scientific testing," so you'd have to have them do a ton of laps and take the average. Plus, we were never allowed to run them on time trials. :)

We were on GT4 :)
Putting Bob on 3x speed was the only way to see how long a Daimler motor carriage would take to get around the Nordschleife :lol:

We were on GT4 :)
Putting Bob on 3x speed was the only way to see how long a Daimler motor carriage would take to get around the Nordschleife :lol:
We could put them in Time Trials in GT4? I totally forgot about that!

I do remember being able to accelerate time. That was fantastic. It was how I did some endurance races: a stint for me, then a stint (or two) for my B-spec driver at the maximum accelerated time. Its laptimes were terrible, but if I built up enough of a lead, it didn't matter.

I definitely missed those aspects of B-spec in GT5. Hell, B-spec in GT5 was, in general, not very fun. It was basically just a way to earn money while I was sleeping.

Hell, B-spec in GT5 was, in general, not very fun. It was basically just a way to earn money while I was sleeping.

B-Spec in GT5 was fun for me because I created death races. I would put all 6 of my drivers online for remote races then log into a second account and race them all, whoever finished last was killed (or retired as PD liked to word it) and replaced with a fresh new talent.

I think we're at risk of going offtopic so good job @SuzukaStar on your testing :)

Hi Suzuka, just wanted to know regarding the old & new time laps. Is it due to the new updates? Another question is, on your time trial, is it all cars testing with ABS, TCS & SRF on? Very very fond of you anyway! Tsuchiya footsteps!

Some of the re-tests are different due to the updates, probably.

ABS is at 1. TCS is off, SRF is off.

Been a bit busy with Final Fantasy X HD lately. As soon as I'm done I'll test the Auto Union and the Tank Car.

Suzuka, as I know you are very consistent in this race track. How about you open an online room and run a fastest time to see is it same or slower than time trial on our game mode. I know its slower a bit in online 'race' cos the tires will wear out but on practice mode online with no tires wears, is it as fast as your time trial? Tq.very much!

Last edited:
Added SRT Viper GTS '99

With a time of 2:18.843 it's around 3 seconds slower than the '02 premium despite having identical power and weight stats.

And Steve, I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you're asking me to do. I only want to do time trials from Test Drive mode in the garage.

@lGNAl I tested the Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37. Possibly the hardest car I've tested on SH tires of them all. It comes stock with RH tires.

2:12.333 is my best. I know I can do 2:11 but the amount of focus and luck needed to get there with this car is incredible.

@Vic Reign93 wanna give it a shot? :sly:

@lGNAl I tested the Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37. Possibly the hardest car I've tested on SH tires of them all. It comes stock with RH tires.

2:12.333 is my best. I know I can do 2:11 but the amount of focus and luck needed to get there with this car is incredible.

@Vic Reign93 wanna give it a shot? :sly:

Gladly. ;)
image.jpg

Aside from the paint job, totally stock, ABS 1, no TC and no SRF.

Was quite scary, but fun to drive.
As soon as the back starts coming round, you ARE going to spin, no ifs or buts. :lol:

Back