Update 1.11 Endurance races pros cons

England
England
It is great to have endurance races now but they are difficult which is fine for the mission tab.

Does anyone think we should get some normal old school endurance races for the casual gamer (not missions).
I used to love picking an over powered car and seeing how many times I could lap the opposition.

This patch is a step in the right direction but I feel it caters to the top 25% of hard-core GT players and not the casual player.
I arent pulling off gold circuit experience so I basically get no money from the patch :(

I don't think they are that hard. At the beginning, the AI drivers are in a fast pace, which might discourage most players, but it's a endurance race, it's pretty much all about patience and strategy.

I believe the AI doesn't have a solid strategy for endurance, it feels like they are driving in a regular sprint race, as fast as they can. When you reach minute 15 or so, they will start to lose pace, if the player manages the fuel mixture and tire wear, the AI will pit for refueling or changing tires more often than the player will.

Does anyone think we should get some normal old school endurance races for the casual gamer (not missions).
I used to love picking an over powered car and seeing how many times I could lap the opposition.
Yes we should, the more options we have as players, the better our experience will be!

Oh, and make sure to buy heavy rain and intermediate tires before trying an endurance race, the chances of mid race rain are high.

The game difficulty is not supposed to affect the missions but the ai is easier to beat on tsukuba when the game level is on hard.

It is great to have endurance races now but they are difficult which is fine for the mission tab.

This patch is a step in the right direction but I feel it caters to the top 25% of hard-core GT players and not the casual player.
I arent pulling off gold circuit experience so I basically get no money from the patch :(
You can do custom races and set it up to be fun. However the prizes are very low in comparison. I wish they'd increase the credits for custom races.

In future updates my preference is they add endurance races to World Circuits, these events won't require a specific car like mission events,
but meet similar standards such as car group, drive type etc., that World Circuit events require, the races will be re-playable unlike mission races.

In past games there's been the one two two hour races, 90 lap Laguna Seca, 30 lap Trial Mountain, 60 lap Grand Valley, etc., the 24 hour events may still find there way only in the mission events,
but these shorter events need to be in World Circuits.

Latest Posts

Back