Upside Down Pictures

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
Whenever you take a picture from an iOS device it's always in the wrong direction.
Example 1:
image.jpg

Example 2:
image.jpg

I noticed when you take pictures with the volume buttons facing any direction other than down it screws up. I read somewhere when you take a picture there's a bit a code that tells a computer which direction is up (I'm not 100% sure if this is true). I'm assuming GTP does not read this line of code so stuff like examples 1 and 2 happen.

If you take a picture with the volume buttons downwards, it'll be right side up.
Example 3:
image.jpg

Awesome.

Before the update, the best thing to do is rotate the image, save, and then rotate all the way around to it's starting point. That fixes it.

I read somewhere when you take a picture there's a bit a code that tells a computer which direction is up (I'm not 100% sure if this is true).

That code is called Exif.

The Exif data tells your computer which orientation your camera was when you took the picture.

The metadata tags defined in the Exif standard cover a broad spectrum:

• Date and time information. Digital cameras will record the current date and time and save this in the metadata.
  • Camera settings. This includes static information such as the camera model and make, and information that varies with each image such as orientation (rotation), aperture, shutter speed, focal length, metering mode, and ISO speed information.
  • A thumbnail for previewing the picture on the camera's LCD screen, in file managers, or in photo manipulation software.
  • Descriptions
  • Copyright information.

More about it here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exif

I noticed when you take pictures with the volume buttons facing any direction other than down it screws up...

...If you take a picture with the volume buttons downwards, it'll be right side up.
I had a hunch it was because people with smartphones were literally taking photos upside down. :lol:

Back