Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think he shot himself in the foot by stating an International needs three years. If that's the case, next year could be his third year.

Hey, everyone has to eat. Getting paid to drive in Europe over searching for drives in Oz before the enduros may have been the better option. Maybe he was too hasty to move back to Paris(I don't know about his family life). Could have done DVS. Just think, Garry Rogers likes to pull people out at the end of the season. Had Premature stayed, he might have had a go these last two rounds. Oh well. As the interviewer said, "See you at Sandown."

Apologies for the double post. Lexus reaffirms interest in entering V8's.
Lexus Australia has once again stated that it could be interested in entering V8 Supercars, especially as the series looks set to open up its regulations to allow two-door cars and non-V8 engines to enter from 2017.

The luxury vehicle division of Toyota has been linked with V8 Supercars before, though now admits it's waiting on the implementation of the "Gen 2 Supercar'' in 2017 where non-V8 powerplants and two-door cars will be accepted in a bid to attract new manufacturers.

"I would have shut the door on motorsport a year ago, particularly V8 Supercar racing in terms of a promotion, marketing and brand exercise," Lexus Australia boss Sean Hanley told Fairfax Media.

"But I think the door is slightly open. I am keen to understand any future eligibility changes that may allow us to look at it.

"In the next two years there are no plans at all. But what is equally clear to me, is if there is eligibility that allowed a coupe, we have a coupe that could go into that race and do pretty well."

So did he just let slip the rule changes, or what? I'm pretty sure nothing that has been set in stone has been announced just yet.

I've only seen one RCF on the road in Melbourne. This would definitely help promotions.
There is video from this old report. The car needed another 170hp and weigh about 100+kg more, but it could have worked.
http://m.motoring.com.au/news/2013/lexus/is-f/v8-supercar-performance-for-lexus-is-f-35677
ge5158315403810296778.jpg

Any word on that updated Camaro redesign? :sly:

Last edited:
I'm hoping the 2017 rule change will never occur...

Im sure many felt the same about changes in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2013. Sometimes there are boneheads in charge and sometimes teams agree with changes we may not like. it comes around. Remember, there were Minis racing and won at The Mountain. Jags raced and won. The Holden and Ford fued got me into V8s. Im happy with current changes.

It's part consumers fault for not buying Commodores and Falcons and part manufacturers and part government, which led to these changes. Im all for keeping this series on these shores if change guarantees the series is still viable.

So an Altima is off to NZV8's but a comment they left online is eye-catching...

upload_2014-10-29_9-32-25.png

And dig the sponsor! Sometimes it seems like they are way ahead of V8s in terms or formula. I wonder why Toyota elected to join NZV8 instead of V8SC.

I bet they have a Camaro.

So, a small glimpse of hope that David Wall won't be in a Volvo next year? Polestar backs GRM on second driver decision
A year after bringing Swede Robert Dahlgren to V8 Supercars, Polestar managing director Christian Dahl says he’ll back Garry Rogers’ selection of a replacement for 2015.
Having a driver from Sweden here helped gel everything together, but now that we’re up and running and GRM and Polestar know each other better, it is easier to communicate without having people on site,” said Dahl.

“If anything it (driver selection) is Mr Rogers’ biggest area, he’s very capable of finding young drivers.

“I think it’s a good way, to bring new (young) drivers into the team like Scott (McLaughlin), who has done really well.”
Long-time Wilson Security backed driver David Wall has been strongly linked to the #34 seat for 2015, but was not part of the weekend’s confirmation of the sponsor’s new naming rights deal with the team.

Wilson Security is also yet to confirm plans for its other sponsored entry, the #21 at Brad Jones Racing, leaving another possible slot for Wall should Rogers successfully push for a younger talent, such as Scott Pye.

And Lockwood's parent company ASSA ABLOY have announced that the Lockwood name won't be returning as the title sponsor of Fabian Coulthard's #14 Commodore next year. BJR will release a statement regarding future sponsorship plans for the #14 entry in late November. Link.

Having Scott Pye next to McLaughlin would be amazing!

That's one more car taking points away from Erebus though. :P Pye would be great no doubt but I still think that he will remain with DJR. Though with Roland Dane as his manager who knows where he'll end up. Personally I'd like to see Ash Walsh get that GRM seat.

That's one more car taking points away from Erebus though. :P Pye would be great no doubt but I still think that he will remain with DJR. Though with Roland Dane as his manager who knows where he'll end up. Personally I'd like to see Ash Walsh get that GRM seat.

Ah ha, good one. But as good a line up with Ambrose and Pye, I can see Dane letting Pye get the GRM seat, so he can cost GRM a bit of coin in repairs(while he's finding his feet before he's ready for T8). Although, it seems like an odd pairing with Walsh and Ambrose at Penske. I think Walsh may be able to work with Ambrose a bit better.

I'd like to see renee gracie get it.....

Now, if there were anyone better to replace a
Kelly Brother, I say she's it!

One thing I have yet to read is, which DVS teams are lined up to get what COTF rides. The way things are going, I think teams will want to keep their current cars as spares before building more. I can't remember if it were DJR that were building six cars or SBR/EREBUS.

Plus DVS have a larger grid. 18" tyres with only a handful using the COTF, wouldn't work anyway. That's not minding 32V engines and different specs.

Wish Volvo just grew some balls and got Van Gisbergen, McLaughlin and him at Volvo would be the best driver pairing on the grid.

As a Kiwi I would love to see Shane and Scotty as team mates in that Volvo....If not Shane then Fabian...Or even a three car team of Scotty, Shane and Fabian :D
Ahh dreams are free....And on the grid for todays race we have...1st-Scotty in the Volvo. 2nd-Shane in the Volvo. 3rd-Fabian in the Volvo :D

Sorry everyone got a bit carried away there :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back