Viziv Torque distribution.

• Thread starter kembro
  • 11 comments
Australia
Low Head, Tasmania
Kembro45
Is anyone else missing having a centre diff or torque distribution on the Viziv. On seal it's fantastic and I've beaten my Mitsubishi times but on gravel it's tendency to understeer on the throttle doesn't inspire confidence to get on it early.

Like others being able to shift more drive to the rear on gravel will resolve it. At the moment it feels to front driven. Feels like 70/30 and should be closer to 40/60 for hanging it out on gravel.

Is anyone else missing having a centre diff or torque distribution on the Viziv. On seal it's fantastic and I've beaten my Mitsubishi times but on gravel it's tendency to understeer on the throttle doesn't inspire confidence to get on it early.

Like others being able to shift more drive to the rear on gravel will resolve it. At the moment it feels to front driven. Feels like 70/30 and should be closer to 40/60 for hanging it out on gravel.
I think it is because (for what i've heard) the engine is powering the front tires, and the batteries the rear tires.
So basicly it's a FWD car.

Yep thought that was the case but still should be able to achieve it through reducing power to the front thus increasing the ratio to the rear.

I've noticed that the biggest problem the Viviz has, is the fact that it has much rear downforce and not so much front downforce. This gives it the tendency to understeer quite badly. I have changed the rear downforce fo full setting and I have lowered the front downforce. After this and some suspension tweaks, it is quite a joy to drive. It's more tail happy and it understeers less.

I've noticed that the biggest problem the Viviz has, is the fact that it has much rear downforce and not so much front downforce. This gives it the tendency to understeer quite badly. I have changed the rear downforce fo full setting and I have lowered the front downforce. After this and some suspension tweaks, it is quite a joy to drive. It's more tail happy and it understeers less.

Thats just a front wheel drive trait especially with that much power , more torque steer aswell

Somebody said the topspeed is 400km/h / 250mph
I think if you tweaked the gears and took off all the downforce as possible it COULD make it. In my opinion, 230mph is a safe bet, but I'll see if it's possible.

What is the source that says the gas engine sends no power to the rear wheels? I though it still uses Subaru AWD system but without a Limited Slip differential in the rear (using an open rear diff) but also using the electric motors for torque vectoring using torque vectoring in place of the traditional LSD, Similar to the Ford Focus ST.

To test it out we have a unique feature of the ViSiV. The Flashing light at each wheel to show wen toque is sent to that wheel. If the car is FWD from the Engine, and the rear wheels only get power from the electric motors, then the rear lights wont light up when the battery is dead. I tried it out and they still light up The car gets power to all 4 wheels from the gas engine and the electric motor add to the power. Heavy torque vectoring makes it feel very FWD, it doesn't want to kick the tail out. That's because the tech is designed to keep the tail from stepping out, not a system with drifting in mind.. It might seem like the car is under-steering, but turn the steering wheel more and press harder on the throttle and she will rotate when most cars will plow off the track into a wall.

Last edited:
Back