Want your own music in Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter GTO_VR4
  • 9 comments
United States
Earth
I dont mean to mute the tv and have your stereo on. I mean you can play GT with your own music and the engine sound. Some ppl know how to do this, some dont. The thing is, ive only tried this in GT2 and not GT3, since you cant shut off the music in GT3, your going to have to songs playing at once :indiff: works perfectly for GT2 though, for those who still play it. Most of you probably already have what it takes for your own soundtrack..

Source of music - Reciever, computer.....whatever that has AV jacks
Cables - All you need is AV cables (Red, Yellow and White)
PS2 - duh
TV - they need AV jacks too, if your TV doesnt have any, use a VCR.

Im going to attach a pic. Should be very easy to read.

Lets start with the PS2, turn it on and shut the music off.

- Plug in the AV cables.
- Plug the yellow (video) into your TV set.
- Plug the red or white (audio) into your TV set, just one.

Now for you source of audo, im going to use a stereo reciever with CD player

- Plug in the audio cable from the reciever to the TV ( forgot to mention this, I think you can buy these at radio shack for uber cheap, or walmart..)

Thats it, this is universal and can be played with any game thatll enable you to shut off the music. I had a slightly different setup, but this should work.

Attachments

• woott.JPG
    woott.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 63
GTO_VR4
since you cant shut off the music in GT3
IIRC, you can deselect all the music in GT3 so there is no background music being played. Then you can play the game and listen to the engine (which I prefer) or if needs be listen to the engine and put some music on in the background via your cd player or something.

So basically you can play GT with your own music and the engine sound on without your setup.

RacyBacy
IIRC, you can deselect all the music in GT3 so there is no background music being played. Then you can play the game and listen to the engine (which I prefer) or if needs be listen to the engine and put some music on in the background via your cd player or something.

So basically you can play GT with your own music and the engine sound on without your setup.

whoops, I meant the menu music. I havent found a way to disable that.

But if you like me and want it to sound authentic, this is the way to go... :)

I sorta do this already... a minor problem is that the engine sounds are kinda ****ty because it's coming out of the t.v. speaker and there's only one. I think the t.v. is from 1990 or 1980. I've been playing at night so it doesn't really matter anyway.

BTW, I don't have an xbox or PGR but I heard you could load your own music and play it on a virtual head unit in the game?

But that means you've got music coming in one channel and the game sounds coming in the other. What about games that have stereo sound effects (that's pretty much all of them imk), you're going to be losing half the game effects. An interesting idea, but there are flaws. I'd rather play the game with a stereo on to be honest.

I have the PS2 sound running through my stereo, along with my PC.. The only problem I have is when I want to listen to a CD whilst playing the PS2. The only way I can do it is to have the computer running as well, with the CD playing on there. But if I don't want to have my PC turned on (three cooling fans can be quite noisy) I'm stuck with whatever's available in-game.

when i first got GT3, i listened to the music and enjoyed it, but after about 3-4 months, i seriously hated the music.

i know for a fact that GT4 will be the same way unless i can play MP3s off the HD

i just turn on my computer and run Winamp, it works really well :D

Back