What about uncorrect time changes?

• Thread starter Neddo
  • 17 comments
Yesterday I was driving on LeMans and I was annoyed by waiting night to come. It started to become darker at 2200 and about 2230 it was night. I mean WTF? Can they just adjust the clock lol? Also day at Spa starts at 0830 which wierd. Sarthe '09 and '13, Spa suffer these problems only. I think it needs major fixing. That would be great simple update. Other tracks are fine and realistic (day starts end ends somehow realistically on them)

I think that I made mistake with Spa. But it's only logical if it was winter but considering it's trees are green it must be summer on track. They really need to fix this laughable issue

Without being able to shift the sunrise and sunset times on a daily basis as the year passes, the tracks are set on one particular day of the year.

I think you'll find the sunrise and sunset times match real world conditions at the time of the 2013 Le Mans race.

I don0't know but it's just stupid because to me nights starting at half past ten are sign of apocalypse lol. Maybe there will be a zombie update where all standards become zombies and premiums must kill them lol

Uwhy is 830 for the start of the day wrong for spa?
This time of year it is spot on ;)
Was just messing arounf at Spa last night.

The sun didn't start setting until about 2030 - 2100 hrs. Which is fine...but if sunrise at Spa isn't until 0830hrs, that makes no sense.

I'm sure at some point in the year (twice to be exact lol), Belgium goes into a 12/12 schedule of daytime/nighttime....but when ever this does happen (spring/fall), it wouldn't be from 0830 to 2030...makes no sense, unless you're on a different planet.

I live in Souther BC...getting close to the shortest day, and the sun peaks over the mountains at about 0730. There's no way sunrise at Spa should be at 0830, no matter what time of year.

All that effort getting the stars correct...couldn't get the day/night cycles down :lol:

I think that I made mistake with Spa. But it's only logical if it was winter but considering it's trees are green it must be summer on track. They really need to fix this laughable issue

Have you heard of... evergreens? ;)

I think that changing few values with notepad could fix this lol
It's not broken.

The Circuit de la Sarthe daylight hours match those of the 2013 race, with sunset at 10.03pm on 22nd June (twilight until 10.44pm) and sunrise at 6.00am on 23rd June.

I don't know what Spa is set to, but 8.30am sunrise is round about this time of year.

I had a look at Spa.
It's a bit debatable at exactly what time you would nail sunrise and sunset down to.
But it's fair to say it's somewhere between an 11 hour to 12 hour day.
A bit of googling tells me that for a day of that length, Spa (Belgium) the sunrise would be more likely around 6:30 / 7:00am.
Also, a day with a sunrise around 8:00/8:30ish would have a much shorter period of daylight.

Therefore, according to my googling skills, it's reasonable to call it inaccurate. (Not that PD have claimed it would be)

In regard to Spa: Sunrise at 08:30 CET is roughly speaking some time last week or next week. It's hard to tell with an overcast sky :-)

However, that also means sunset is at around 16:35 CET.

Spa does also look a bit different in winter ( http://wtf1.co.uk/winter-wonderland-f1-circuits-in-the-snow/ ) despite the large number of conifers. However, today it's just overcast and no snow on the ground.... in case anyone's interested.

Correct or not we need more options for city tracks. Escpecially on boring Rome layout.
Holy subject change.

I think you are just getting to technical with the game and you should be happy it can even go from light to dark. If you do not like what this game has to offer, ask Kaz.

When you tell us that something needs fixed, we cannot do anything about it.

Back