What If (the next GT) Featured More Timed Races?

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
GTPlanet, if you follow sportscar racing and road racing as well as I do, you may know that traditional sportscar racing is done in timed races. If you have played the PC game "Sports Car GT," when you race in Season Mode, races will be timed. As you progress through races, races will get longer and tougher with pretty few lapped races. Of course, I haven't progressed through SCGT as much, but for what I know, it will be tough taking on bigger and better competition. I normally don't do timed races much. I'll probably do a normal 3, 5, or even 10 lap set. But GTPlanet, if the majority of races in the next GT are timed races, how would you feel about the level of competition? Would GT racing be more authentic?

To be honest, I think if the GT World Championship featured timed racing, it would be more authentic, especially considering so many cars on track. If you're an endurance racer from GT4, you may recall the Sears Point endurance, which was as long as 2hr45min, same as the approximate length of the Tokyo endurance in GT3. I don't think races have to be extremely long timewise, but just enough. For example, the GTWC race at New York was about maybe 12 or 15 minutes long. If PD wanted to, each race could have been a half hour. So maybe 25-30 minutes for each race. Then, let's say that there is a second Gran Turismo World Championship, with as many races as Formula GT, only the races last a realistic 50-55 minutes. Maybe the Super GT can have races this long as well. After all, you'll need to change drivers as well as handle pit stops well in this game. And the extra time will really test your endurance.

By going on the level that the next GT's layout will be similar to GT4, Beginner races would be lap-by-lap, while Professional and Extreme races will be either timed or lapped based on the challenge offered. By going on the level that the next GT's layout will be similar to GT3, Beginner and some Amateur races will be lap-by-lap while some other Amateur and most Professional Races will be timed. How do you feel about more timed races in the next GT other than some endurances? Take your time (no pun intended. Well, maybe), and give it a reply!

I played a lot Sport Car GT, and timed races aren’t bad and give you a different feeling about the race, because the race have a different pace, it’s like you are running against the opponents and not against the number of laps you have left to pass them.

Back