What is the fate of premium race cars !?

• Thread starter Mo_993
  • 16 comments
Bahrain
Bahrain
Hello
Since there’s a lot of drama and leeaks it looks like most of important race cars not mentioned like C6 RM and all skyline TCs etc ! Others like diablo GT2 race car and older LMPs like Speed 8. Are they interested to bring them back !? Because at current the update contents are very lacking

Hello
Since there’s a lot of drama and leeaks it looks like most of important race cars not mentioned like C6 RM and all skyline TCs etc ! Others like diablo GT2 race car and older LMPs like Speed 8. Are they interested to bring them back !? Because at current the update contents are very lacking
So far we don't really know, but the rate of new content is very slow compared to GT Sport's. I'd imagine we will see some more classic race cars return and there will be others that we don't see. The next update sees the return of the R30 Skyline Silhouette that we last saw in GT2.

Last edited:
Hello
The fictional ones are probably gone for good, the real ones are likely gone pending licensing.

So far we don't really know, but the rate of new content is very slow compared to GT Sport's. I'd imagine we will see some more classic race cars return and there will be others that we don't see. The next update sees the return of the R30 Skyline Silhouette that we last saw in GT2.
R33 LM race car would be amazing

Not sure of the degree of importance for PD. The M3 GTR, DTM CLK/IS-F/A4/TT, could be just as important as the Escudo. PD bringing back the R34, CLK and F1 race cars from earlier GT games, are a good sign all hope is not lost.

We know of the MTX situation from the debut of the game. Now, getting past that, it won’t go away, but after seeing a supposed list of what we could be getting, it adds to the frustration. Kaz said, in GT Sport, when they finish a car, it’s no sense to wait. The car would be updated to the game as they’re complete. Other than licensing and final quality control checks, how many new cars have been ready since the development time during GT Sport? The fifty we got at game release?

PD have a partnership with Toyota , I guess still with Mazda and Porsche. Three brands that have a great racing history. We can only hope whatever we miss in past race cars, can be made up with new to the franchise race cars from these makes. At the very least.

Not sure of the degree of importance for PD. The M3 GTR, DTM CLK/IS-F/A4/TT, could be just as important as the Escudo. PD bringing back the R34, CLK and F1 race cars from earlier GT games, are a good sign all hope is not lost.

We know of the MTX situation from the debut of the game. Now, getting past that, it won’t go away, but after seeing a supposed list of what we could be getting, it adds to the frustration. Kaz said, in GT Sport, when they finish a car, it’s no sense to wait. The car would be updated to the game as they’re complete. Other than licensing and final quality control checks, how many new cars have been ready since the development time during GT Sport? The fifty we got at game release?

PD have a partnership with Toyota , I guess still with Mazda and Porsche. Three brands that have a great racing history. We can only hope whatever we miss in past race cars, can be made up with new to the franchise race cars from these makes. At the very least.
Speaking of MTX, PD missed the opportunity in very bad way. The BEST opportunity for MTX is customizations, like for example a 5 spokes old OZ wheels or old Nismo wheels and BBS etc are paid customizations for 2$-4$ alongside the added free wheels if any.
GTauto is the greatest way to implement MTX

The fictional ones are probably gone for good
I'm not too sure about that. After all, they brought back the Civic and Silvia RM models in this game, and the Roadster TC in GT Sport.

I'm keeping some hope just for now. We'll see, I guess.

After all, they brought back the Civic and Silvia RM models in this game
Although they are different cars...
and the Roadster TC in GT Sport
Which had been in GT5 and GT6 as well... It's been in the series since 2011, without interruption.

Fictional race cars tend not to survive generation to generation. The Gr.4/Gr.3 cars, and Gr.1 versions of VGTs might be a future exception, but think of all the "LM" cars that are no longer in the series...

Last edited:
Although they are different cars...

Which had been in GT5 and GT6 as well... It's been in the series since 2011, without interruption.

Fictional race cars tend not to survive generation to generation. The Gr.4/Gr.3 cars, and Gr.1 versions of VGTs might be a future exception, but think of all the "LM" cars that are no longer in the series...
I figured the discussion was specifically about the premium race cars, as the title suggests. As we've seen over the last few years, former premiums are far more likely to return than standards, so I can see many more PS3-era RM and TC cars returning.

Anything is possible with PD, really. Kaz isn't exactly known for being predictable. :lol:

I figured the discussion was specifically about the premium race cars, as the title suggests.
And the Civic RM/Civic TC, Silvia RM/Silvia Gr.4, and Roadster TC are indeed all premium race cars...
As we've seen over the last few years, former premiums are far more likely to return than standards, so I can see many more PS3-era RM and TC cars returning.
I don't really know what the standard cars have to do with it, and I'm not sure on what basis you say this.

These are all the RM/TC cars from GT5 (and I think they all carried into GT6):

Acura NSX RM
Chevrolet Camaro SS RM
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM
Dodge Challenger SRT8 Touring Car
Dodge Challenger R/T RM
Honda Civic (EK) Type R RM
Honda CR-Z Touring Car
Honda Integra (DC5) Type R (DC5) RM
Lexus IS F RM
Lotus Elise 111R RM
Lotus Elise RM
Mazda Roadster Touring Car
Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring Car
Nissan GT-R (R35) Touring Car
Nissan Silvia (S15) Spec R Aero RM
Nissan Skyline (R32) GT-R Touring Car
Nissan Skyline (R33) GT-R Touring Car
Nissan Skyline (R34) GT-R Touring Car
Subaru Impreza Touring Car
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM
Toyota Prius Touring Car
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM

None have returned so far except the Mazda Roadster. A case can be made for the S15, though it is significantly updates, while the Civic RM in GT5/6 is a '97 and the Civic TC in GT7 is a '98. The Lancer Evo X TC, Impreza TC, and GT-R TC are there in spirit, but have been replaced with Gr.3 cars.

That's one or maybe two out of 28 (or 26, if you want to drop the two Lotus for Lotus reasons), in almost five years of PS4-generation titles...

Fictional race cars tend not to survive from one generation to the next (as in PS1 to PS2, PS2 to PS3, PS3 to PS4, and PS4 to PS5) in Gran Turismo. The Roadster is really the exception.

I mean, feel free to be optimistic, but there's not a lot of weight behind it.

The Silvia TC is based on the old GT300 car. The Civic TC is basically a Group A/N car.

The R32 TC was based on the GT500 car from the early days of JGTC. Essentially an updated Group A car. So I could see that one returning.

And the Civic RM/Civic TC, Silvia RM/Silvia Gr.4, and Roadster TC are indeed all premium race cars...

I don't really know what the standard cars have to do with it, and I'm not sure on what basis you say this.

These are all the RM/TC cars from GT5 (and I think they all carried into GT6):

None have returned so far except the Mazda Roadster. A case can be made for the S15, though it is significantly updates, while the Civic RM in GT5/6 is a '97 and the Civic TC in GT7 is a '98. The Lancer Evo X TC, Impreza TC, and GT-R TC are there in spirit, but have been replaced with Gr.3 cars.

That's one or maybe two out of 28 (or 26, if you want to drop the two Lotus for Lotus reasons), in almost five years of PS4-generation titles...

Fictional race cars tend not to survive from one generation to the next (as in PS1 to PS2, PS2 to PS3, PS3 to PS4, and PS4 to PS5) in Gran Turismo. The Roadster is really the exception.

I mean, feel free to be optimistic, but there's not a lot of weight behind it.
I thought, since you mentioned the PS1/PS2 LM cars, that you were discussing them. My bad, I misunderstood. 👍

And yeah, maybe my optimism is a bit misplaced considering how GT7's been handled so far. But it's certainly fun to think about.

Speaking of MTX, PD missed the opportunity in very bad way. The BEST opportunity for MTX is customizations, like for example a 5 spokes old OZ wheels or old Nismo wheels and BBS etc are paid customizations for 2$-4$ alongside the added free wheels if any.
GTauto is the greatest way to implement MTX
I think the GT7 in-game economy is badly balanced but I would take an MTX system that allows me to grind for the game currency any day over the nickle & dime DLC model of locking content behind a paywall.

PD just needs to make the payouts make more sense and base them on mileage, difficulty, etc. vs. the seemingly whimsical setup they have now. I'd be spending a hell of a lot more time in the game (particularly Custom races) if this was the case.

the Civic TC in GT7 is a '98
The datamine says the internal name of the Civic TC is CIVIC_R_97_RM, the same as it had in PS3-era games.

EDIT: The visual features also haven't changed (note the absence of '98-spec side openings on the front bumper), apart from tow hook being moved.
1658604961395.png

1658604944051.png

Last edited:
The datamine says the internal name of the Civic TC is CIVIC_R_97_RM, the same as it had in PS3-era games.

EDIT: The visual features also haven't changed (note the absence of '98-spec side openings on the front bumper), apart from tow hook being moved.
View attachment 1176062
View attachment 1176060
I spent so much time playing with those ultra cool race cars NSX rm skylines c6 etc.. it really would be a shame if PD just throw them away because GT7 isnt just sport GT3 cars . It’s supposed to be what kaz saying about it “celebrating car culture “ , I didn’t enjoyed the “widebody “ option i wish the they add “race modification” option its more important than just widebody and that would solve the biggest issue in GT7 collection, imagine you have F40 and do race modifications to it and turn it to F40 RM(LM) style 🥺😫😫 aahh dreaming

Last edited:
Back