What's the best wheel to use for GT?

United States
Weirs Beach, NH
RS73private
I use a DS3, and I want to move on to a wheel but what kind should I get and will it work for GT7 on the PS4? Keep the price reasonable! :)

As it's still unknown if any current gen wheels will work on PS4 it's a risk you'll have to take in buying a wheel now before any news about that.

But if you want a good wheel, at a good price I suggest you buy a Driving Force GT either new or used, it's cheap and does the job.

I will tell you that I was faced with the same decision months ago.
I bought my g27 months ago with the same parameters "which one should I get and will it work on the PS4?" and I regret it because seeing Drive Club and Project CARS compatible wheels I tough that maybe Thrustmaster has some sort of deal to be the only company to sell new wheels to the next gen for ,maybe, the next 1 or 2 years so I stopped being so optimistic about the g27 and I would not advise you to buy it (but in GT6 works great).

Because of compatibility problem with the ps4 go head for a second hand Driving Force GT IMO. I have a Driving force Pro bought £35.

Only 3 wheels are confirmed the be PS4 compatible; the T500RS, the upcoming T300RS, and the one everyone should ignore, the T80 Driveclub edition. I say ignore it as it is a bungee cord wheel rather than a proper (re: REAL) FFB wheel. TH8RS or TH8A shifter sold separately however.

If your willing to spend the money, the $550 (Depending on where you get yours, mine cost me $530, but $550 is about average.) T500RS is the most optimized wheel for GT6. You can save you some bucks with a brand-new Logitech G27 for just $300 straight from Logitech. With that, you get a shifter and a clutch pedal.

If you plan to buy a PS4 in the upcoming months, go with Thrustmaster (T500RS or T300RS) as right now only this brand works on PS4 (T300RS with full PS4 features [share button etc.] support, both with full PS3 support as well).
If it's not affordable, watch out for a used Logitech DFP or Logitech DFGT - both of them works great on PS3 and will only cost you about 50$ in good condition and used (DFP without PS3 XMB features [PS button]).
Time will tell us, if Logitech wheels will see support on PS4 and I wouldn't count on it so wouldn't buy a new Logitech wheel these days for console gaming.

Last edited:
The new Thrustmaster T100 wheel is fully supported even PS4 and GT7 and is great--I have won 1400 races online--Daytona muscle. It only cost $125 and is high quality. Is also supported by Project Cars.

T100 FFB isn't a fully supported PS4 wheel, though compatible to pCARS due to collaboration between SMS and Thrustmaster, I guess.

i got a Fanatec Porsche 911 carrera wheel and it works pretty goot on gt5 and gt6, but i dont know if it's or if it will be compatible with ps4, maybe mine will not, since it's a discontinued model.

All of the currently available wheel offerings are several years old now. Unless you get a good deal on a used setup, I would strongly advise waiting until GT7. The big companies are no doubt working on better wheels and pedals right now for release in 2015 or 2016 at the latest. Don't waste your money unless you're never going to buy GT7.

At E3 this year I heard from a credible source that Logitec is going to have a couple new very high end wheels this year or early next...

Despite that old news report about them getting out of the gaming periferal market... Clearly not the case anymore.

Back