Wheelie Tunes?

• Thread starter dillorama
  • 18 comments
Canada
Brampton
DILL-O-RAMA
Hey. Does anyone know how to tune cars to pop wheelies? or can that only be done with the Shelby Convertible?

dillorama
Hey. Does anyone know how to tune cars to pop wheelies? or can that only be done with the Shelby Convertible?

Well first you need to launch at a certain RPM...

dillorama
The problem with wheely tuned cars, is that you have to have Skid Recovery Force on. So far I have yet to do it or seen someone do it without it on. Even my VW Bus has to have it on to do a stoppie.
PTK
Well first you need to launch at a certain RPM...

:lol:

Best way to do a wheelie that's much more achievable and a load more fun is too:
Ride Height front and rear all the way to min.
Harden up your suspension settings.
Camber front and rear all the way to 10 degrees.
No toe front and rear.
Racing softs all around.
Take it around tight tracks and/or corners to see what I mean, it's alot of fun.

The problem with wheely tuned cars, is that you have to have Skid Recovery Force on. So far I have yet to do it or seen someone do it without it on. Even my VW Bus has to have it on to do a stoppie.

:lol:

I've made a VW Bus tune that can do stoppies and wheelies without SRF. I can share it at some point if you want.

Best way to do a wheelie that's much more achievable and a load more fun is too:
No toe front and rear.
Racing softs all around.
Take it around tight tracks and/or corners to see what I mean, it's alot of fun.

Does that work with just about every car?

dillorama
Does that work with just about every car?

I tried it out with 3 cars, I have a picture of 1 side wheeling which was my '94 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 2 GSR which will be posted up later and '66 Volkswagen 1200 no picture of that yet. Plus a Prius.

v123moto45
No toe front and rear.
Racing softs all around.
Except it will look like crap with that camber angle.
cgg
I've made a VW Bus tune that can do stoppies and wheelies without SRF. I can share it at some point if you want.

Sure, just send it to me in a PM. Thanks

Except it will look like crap with that camber angle.

Sure, just send it to me in a PM. Thanks

And that a "side wheelie" isn't what was asked for!

Sure thing, just give me a day or two to get on.

cgg
Just realised it's in my tuning garage, if you want it now.

Ahhhh... I'll have a look in a bit. Mind sending me a link to that? Of not I'll just wait, like I said no rush man.

Back