Which drift camera view?

• Thread starter andrez004
  • 10 comments
ace004
OK so I just bought a Fanatec GT3RS v2, so I'm ready for gt5. Now after playing since GT3 on a controller I'm a little lost to the ways of the wheel. I'm currently trying to pick up drifting which isn't going very well. When looking online I see a ton of great drift videos but not whole lot showing what's the preferred camera view. So what do the drifting pros use? I'm very good at the racing part with the controller and I tend to use the bumper cam. When I started drifting in GT3 I used the chase cam, but since I got back to it 2 days ago everything feels weird. So like I said which camera view do the drifting gods tend to lean more towards? I'm sure it is personal preference, but there has to be a more widely used camera view.

Also a side question... I noticed everyone using the g25s/27s tend to keep FF high around 5-8. But for my Fanatec the thing seems to want to rip my hands off past 30% setting. Also the wheel seems to have a very high weight. When I tried GRID the setting in there to change the weight of the wheel really helped reduce it for drifting. So is there a big difference between the logitech and the fanatecs? Is just the lack of in game settings that are making it difficult?

I'm far from a drifting god, but I really feel the most comfortable using the roof cam. Bumper cam places you too close to the ground, and I refuse to use the cockpit when drifting because the animation doesn't follow 900 degree rotation so it's a bit confusing and distracting.

I'm far from a drifting god, but I really feel the most comfortable using the roof cam. Bumper cam places you too close to the ground, and I refuse to use the cockpit when drifting because the animation doesn't follow 900 degree rotation so it's a bit confusing and distracting.
ty for the nice quick response. Yeah I was thinking roof cam as I watched a few youtube videos with it. it seems to be a good medium between the chase and bumper. I would usually use the chase so I could see where my back end is and gauge the yaw/pitch, but in gt5p it seems to be a little different from gt3. It's been a long time since I have drifted in a video game, and since I'm now learning the wheel I might as well change camera view.

You're never gonna get anywhere with the chase cam. It's too hard to react to the car in time, so you will constantly be spinning out or understeering. I use the bumper cam, although a lot of people use cockpit. It's really up to personal preference.

You're never gonna get anywhere with the chase cam. It's too hard to react to the car in time, so you will constantly be spinning out or understeering. I use the bumper cam, although a lot of people use cockpit. It's really up to personal preference.
Yeah that's what I'm finding. By the time I see the car pitch it's too late. I have spent the last hour looking on youtube and I guess the cockpit cam is what most are using.

For recording purposes, I drift with the hood cam.

But I generally prefer the chase cam so I can see my surroundings.

This. 👍

I use cockpit and bumper cam. The bumper cam is probably best for me..but the cockpit view allows me to have some reference points. For example, when your sideways..the A-pillar starts to get in your field of vision, you know your sideways. Have fun drifting.

Cockpit or Bumper Cam.

With no "Hood Cam" available, and the only other like-option being Roof Cam, I'm forced to do the above.

I would prefer to give an answer of "Cockpit or Hood Cam", alas such cannot be so...

;)

Back