• Thread starter DLR
  • 13 comments

DLR

(Banned)
United States
Under the Hood
iWinYouLooz
PS3>Xbox
So I've been dragging at Indy now for a good month and a half. One thing I have never understood is why the Corvette ZR1 is so popular. They always lose to cars like GT-R's, Enzos, ACR's and Ford GTs (Which are usually the types of cars in serious drag rooms) and are only competitive to other Corvettes. I even asked people in the rooms and all they say is "Race Me" which I do therefore beating them. So can someone clarify this? Are they fun to drive or what? I have a ZR1 and used it a couple times never seeing why it would be my main car.

The Corvette is a very good all round race car. The other cars struggle to get round corners. This is why it would be someones main car. However, why they would use it for drag racing is beyond me, as it doesn't have the power to compete.

Why people drag race is beyond me, but loads of people seem to find it fun. Serious question here, what is the appeal?

The Corvette is a very good all round race car. The other cars struggle to get round corners. This is why it would be someones main car. However, why they would use it for drag racing is beyond me, as it doesn't have the power to compete.

No doubt it is a brilliant circuit car. But for dragging?

Why people drag race is beyond me, but loads of people seem to find it fun. Serious question here, what is the appeal?

Exactly my point. Popular for no reason...

I dislike it when I host a room at the Top Gear Test Track, and all everyone is doing is blasting up and down the straight crashing into things...

So I've been dragging at Indy now for a good month and a half. One thing I have never understood is why the Corvette ZR1 is so popular. They always lose to cars like GT-R's, Enzos, ACR's and Ford GTs (Which are usually the types of cars in serious drag rooms) and are only competitive to other Corvettes. I even asked people in the rooms and all they say is "Race Me" which I do therefore beating them. So can someone clarify this? Are they fun to drive or what? I have a ZR1 and used it a couple times never seeing why it would be my main car.

It's beyond me why people like dragging there as well but i'm guessing they drive it because it's a fun car to drive and it can beat quite a bit of array of cars besides the abused ones likes the GT-R's, Enzos, ACR's, Bugattis, and Ford GT's of course.

ZR1 is a fun car that you drive with the throttle - might not be as quick as mid-engined or AWD cars, but it is quick in a straight line, and mine does pretty decent against other online racers around 600-650pp.

And yes, I also do not get drag racing.

I have absolutely no idea, but I think it carried over from the Events in Prologue (viper vs. vette vs GT).

After much testing with GT5 and the previous games before, I will always chose a Ford GT over a Vette every day of the week. It's just a better car in every sense of the word.

Most definatley not a dragging car, but i first got this car for the American Indy Series, with the right tuning the car turns out to be a beast.

Corvette ZR1 is one of the cheapest RMed cars to rule this race easily. Could be done say with a Formula Gran Turismo, but it costs 5mil.

Before i had 'credits': "ZR1 (RM) is awesome!"

After i had 'credits': No. of times ZR1 (RM) driven in past 6 months = 0

Basically it's Okay, until you can afford some 'good' stuff.

It's all about what car the person prefers. I don't care much about winning in most cases, I just care about having fun with the car I'm using.

People who drag that are boring drives a: Enzo, Veyron, GT-ONE, CIEN, CRAPOLTA(minolta), 908FAP.

People who drag that are fun drives a: well any other non over-used boring car we already know that drives at 400+.

Oh and those that slam the wall at the end or crashes into people that are lined up (how can people be so stupid/skill-less to even do so) gets kicked without a warning from my rooms since last time I hosted I told them OVER AND OVER to not act like an idiot on the track.
Another stupid thing I stumble across when joining a room that is a drag room is the cheer amount of stupidity regarding the start signal for the drag.
Some just revs and go and some use the horn on random.
There's like 1 out of 20 rooms that have decent drag players that actually uses the Total time as the start signal.
I always use 00 so that there will be time for people to line up for the next drag.
Oh and I always keep on the right side when dragging on a wide road to prevent head on collisions, but I guess I'm on of the few that does that and understands that.

Latest Posts

Back