Will UK or Japan PS2 games work for the US?

• Thread starter gc8driver
  • 6 comments
UK games won't work at all, as far as I know.. the PAL system makes for many problems trying to play on an NTSC system/TV. Japanese games will work if your PS2 is mod-chipped to play them.

Nope. They are area coded.

NTSC Japanese
NTSC US
PAL

NTSC and PAL are different display formats for your television - obvious technical reasons why you can't swap those around. Japanese and US are for whatever legal reason they chose.

Yup. You'd need a PAL television as well. And while you're at it, they use different power outlets and electrical ratings all over Europe than we do in the United States. So you'd need something to convert power as well. Which can easily be purchased, but it's one more thing ...

Or you can just connect the PS2 to the TV with a "component video" cable( I don´t think that´s the right name, but in Brazil we call it "video componente"). It´s that cable divided into 3 video and 2 audio cables. If you use this than your TV will show PAL games in color and with centered screen.

My explanation is a little confuse, but I tryed my best. :indiff:

yeh 240 volts here in the uk
my mate has a ntsc/j console which is 110 volts so he got a dropper and it plays on his telly ok
kaido battle 2 rocks

Back