Your ads are freezing my computer..

• Thread starter Jedi2016
  • 12 comments
Whilst viewing threads, my taskbar says it's "waiting for whatever.kontera.com", and my entire system freezes until it finally times out.

If you must hook up with advertising companies, could you at least pick some that have decent servers, so I can just load the ads and be done with it? Rather than waiting for the thing to 404 before I can scroll down to actually read something?

Or is this just the cost of not having a Premium membership?

Your ads are just leaving a white space for me, they don't slow anything down. These new ads, which are not from Gooooooogle are evil. They are images so they don't load. The bottom of the ad is also cut off for me. The banner ads are not showing up.

Jedi2016
Whilst viewing threads, my taskbar says it's "waiting for whatever.kontera.com", and my entire system freezes until it finally times out.

If you must hook up with advertising companies, could you at least pick some that have decent servers, so I can just load the ads and be done with it? Rather than waiting for the thing to 404 before I can scroll down to actually read something?

Or is this just the cost of not having a Premium membership?
Yeah I had this problem as well. Until I added *kontera* into my Adblock preferences, that is.

It was very annoying.

For me, half the time the ads are blank. Mainly the ones at the bottom of the page. The otherhalf, I have to wait until they load before I can scroll down the page.

Yep, those "Kontera" ads were absolute junk. Not only did they not load, they only recorded a few cents in earnings. I've removed them and put the Google ads back in place. You should not have any more problems.

Jordan
Yep, those "Kontera" ads were absolute junk. Not only did they not load, they only recorded a few cents in earnings. I've removed them and put the Google ads back in place. You should not have any more problems.
:cheers:

You also get an extra-special bold yellow title and your username changes colour so people always mistake you for a mod (or, I do, anyway). Isn't that worth the money? :D

Back