Your Feedback on Current Events?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 14 comments

Do you want to keep a separate Current Events forum?

• Yes, I want to keep the Current Events forum in its current state.

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • No, I'd like to see it removed and integrated with the Opinions Forum.

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
I'm very seriously considering removing the Current Events forum and integrating it into the Opinions forum (i.e. "Opinions & Current Events"). Anchor Man, the bot who posts the latest news stories, would not be making the move to the new forum, instead relying on users to post news stories of interest to the community.

Before I do this, however, I want to see what you guys think about the idea. Please vote in the poll to give me your opinions.

Yes, I think it should be intergrated. The forum is hardly used at the moment and many threads in there haven't even been replied in. People who are interested in specific news would post it up anyway, like we did in the past, so I don't think it will be a loss.

I agree with G.T. Seems that news posted by Anchorman is seldomly interesting to the members here. And if the news was interesting, someone here would post it up anyway.

Same here, I've never felt like making posts there because the news don't seem interesting at all.

Ciao!

I do like the current events forum, but at the same time it is blatantly obvious that most of the threads arn't generating discussions. I think Ancorman could go, hes a great idea but the best bits of news he posts are often already being discussed and the rest rarely gets a reply. So yeah, a merge wouldn't be a bad thing.

Yeah, I think they should be integrated (of course, you know that I’d like to see a lot of forums integrated ;)).

They should be integrated. Most of the current events posts involve personal opinion, so it could fit just fine with the Opinions Forum. I never really post in the Current Events forum anyway, most of the threads made by Anchorman aren't all that interesting, hence why so many of them go uncommented by anyone.

I like it the way it is TBH.

Maybe a few threads could be transferred to the opinions thread as and when but it seems fine to me.

The way I see it is you can leave it as it is, where the majority of the threads get zero replies. You can disable Anchorman but leave the current events forum seperate but then it would be a reather small forum and not that active. Or you can merge it with the opinions forum where all the people who browse that moer often might get involved in the events topics as well.

Strangely, I wandered into the Current Events and Opinions sub-forums for the first time in, oh, ages, and I noticed half the CE threads had 0 replys, and a fair few of the Opinions threads were current events themselves. Which provoked "are 2 sub-forums really necessary?" to arrive in my head, and bam! - this thread arrives.

So I say intergrate 'em.

Every single thread Anchorman has made never generated discussion, and the ones that did were moved into the Opinions forum anyway.

So, I'm all for it.

Thanks for the input, everyone, I just went ahead with it. I moved all threads with 1 or more replies from the Current Events forum into the Opinions. All threads from the old forum with 0 replies were deleted.

When I first saw it, I questioned it, but after thinking it over, and visiting the Sub Forum, I realized it was a smart move. Good idea. 👍

Back