Your GTP 'Next-of-kin'?

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Scotland
Glasgow
GTP_Mars
After a quick suggestion in a thread yesterday, I wonder if it would be a good idea and/or possible to have a space in one's user profile to nominate one or two GTP members that you know or in contact with outwith GTP, who can act as your 'next of kin' in the unlikely event of your sudden disappearance. These people could be folks you chat to on MSN, or who you have phone contact with, and would be willing to respond to any enquiries that people might have about your whereabouts if you suddenly dropped off the face of GTP...

spacecraft.gif

If I dissapeared you'd have to read the papers, I'm not in contact with anyone off GTP.

Good idea, although I don't chit-chat off these boards with anyone, PM system and these boards are enough for me. If you are really worried for my condition, set an appointment for me at work, and if you don't know, just do a search.

PS what happened to R32? He dosen't seem to be on MSN anymore after making the new account....

He said that he pretty much doesn't come to GTP anymore, and considering he's been thru 3 Hotmail accounts in 2 weeks, you can never know.

From,
Chris.

Yeah,i was always wondering if something happened to me ,who will inform people on IM's and forums that i'm not available in any sence,so i like the idea.

If I dissapeared you'd have to read the papers, I'm not in contact with anyone off GTP.

Gah, that's quite a comment considering what today is.
If anything happened to me most of you guys have Greg aka. PublicSecrecy on your hotmail accounts I know him personally.

I have a couple (and then some) GTP'ers on MSN, but I doubt an MIA would be noticed....

My immediate contact list is unbelievably long. If something happened to me you'd know.

As here, I got about 10 GTPers on my MSN contacts.

Laura would prob come first if this fantastic idea comes to light.
👍

Well, Jordan, Duke and the rest of the staff have my phone number, and in all likely hood, Duke could easily find my office phone number.

As we are a bit of a tight knit community, its always nice to know that someone can find you.

Which is amazing, considering I live within and hour drive of Klostrophobic, Skip0110, and Jpec and haven't met any one of them. In fact, I wused to work in the same building as Klos's dad. Never met him either.

I've been within 20 minutes of Giles Guthrie, and missed that one. Missed Loudmusic by about 2 hours, and have driven through New Jersey and didn't meet MistaX either. Gotta do this GTP 'cross nation trip one of these days.

Oh, wait. I'm married.

If Jack dissapears from GTP I wont be telling anyone where I buried the body :)
As we are a bit of a tight knit community, its always nice to know that someone can find you.

Which is amazing, considering I live within and hour drive of Klostrophobic, Skip0110, and Jpec and haven't met any one of them. In fact, I wused to work in the same building as Klos's dad. Never met him either.

I've been within 20 minutes of Giles Guthrie, and missed that one. Missed Loudmusic by about 2 hours, and have driven through New Jersey and didn't meet MistaX either.
Jay lives 5 minutes from us and and the only sighting of him has been some car going in the opposite direction and Jack saying 'thats my friend from GTPs car' and that was years ago. He knows what I look like so has probably seen me at the shops and wisely ran in the other direction.

I talk to both YSSMAN and M5Power on facebook, if anyone else wants to add me go head.

Good idea Chris. I talk to a bunch of people on MSN, but Jack is probably the only active GTPer would notice if I didn’t come online for a few days to tell him that he lost. :lol:

Plus he has my mobile number, so…

I think it's a cool idea, and I do have a few people on IM's.
But if anything happen to me or my sister(NightmareHunter)
I'm sure someone would be told about it.

Jay lives 5 minutes from us and and the only sighting of him has been some car going in the opposite direction and Jack saying 'thats my friend from GTPs car' and that was years ago. He knows what I look like so has probably seen me at the shops and wisely ran in the other direction.

:lol:

Nope I have never seen you at the shops before.

Well 911_Carrera is the obvious choice.

But Danny stalks myself and my girlfriend on MySpace so I figure he'll be here before Jack is.

The idea certainly has merit, but I don't believe it warrants specific profile fields. Many casual members, especially, will not have any interest - but there's nothing to stop any of you from arranging a "buddy system" through PM's or IM's. :)

i have noone, heck i don't even have a facebook or myspace page. i am not sure if i'm the only GTP user from arkansas or not.

If a regular GTP user hasn't been around on GTP for a while chances are they won't have been on Face Book/My Space/MSN either. Being able to get hold of your GTP-next-of-kin should really be via phone.

Latest Posts

Back