• 5 comments

Numer0bis

in love with VTEC
Premium
Switzerland
Switzerland, EU
Numer0bis
Hello

I just wanted to ask if it's possible to implement this hack : http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/...resolution-youtube-videos-on-blog-or-website/ into another bb-code so we could just use youtube-hq tag for example. The hack is relatively straight forward and because of all the motion in gt-videos they sometimes look really blocky. I'm sure gt-videos would benefit from the higher video quality.

Kind Regards

Numer0bis

Hmmm...sounds like an idea, but you do have to remember that the higher quality video's also take longer to load. So some Dial-up user's may experience some average load time's. I don't really think it is that necessary, but if others think it is a great idea then I don't mind either way if it is incorporated.;)👍
Rusty*

To address the 56k problem, anyone that creates a video thread could tag the title with [High Quality] or something like that. Actually, I wonder if it would be possible for threads to be automatically tagged with little icons whenever there are large images or embedded YouTube videos within.

I have no idea what actually makes this website run, but I hope this modification isn't actually a "hack". Doesn't that word imply changing something in way you're not supposed to? Also, I don't feel the need for HQ embedding. If you want a high-quality version of the vid all you have to do is click it here and it takes you to YouTube.

Back