YouTube links in signatures?

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 5 comments

mafia_boy

(Banned)
GTP_Mafiaboy
I figured I'd ask it in this thread since it's about signatures, etc.

Pretty simple question for the moderator crew and Jordan.....

Would having your signature as one single YouTube link (so 25 characters) be a violation of the tidysig rules?? As the screen shown is definitely larger in size than say the 4-6 lines of text allowed.

The reason I ask this is there is an ad I saw recently, found via YouTube. After watching it, I've decided that the vid would be a perfect fit for my signature area (hence the question) or my garage area but it is still technically an advertisement and you guys are pretty strict on the AUP and I don't want to cross that line. :nervous:

If I can PM a moderator the link so that one of you can watch the video (it's very very innocent) and say whether it is against AUP or not, I'd be grateful as I feel it would be a funny addition to my sig area or garage area but don't want to get myself in trouble. ;)

Tidy sig isn't a rule (sorry Sage) and you can have a link to a video, provided it isn't filled with expletives and the like.

Linking to YouTube vids is perfectly OK - having the actual video embedded in your sig, however, isn't (despite the fact that the current software allows it to be done)... the reason is as you suggest, because embedded vids take up too much space and cause too much of a distraction in threads etc..

Just moving this to it's own thread... As TM said, linking to a YouTube video in your signature is perfectly fine. Embedding the video using the [youtube] tags, however, is not.

Thanks TM & Jordan for that part of the answer. And I'm :embarrassed: that you went to all the trouble to create a new thread for me Jordan!! I feel privileged. :D

So, I'll PM the vid in question and you can decide or not if it's against AUP due to advertising.

Thanks once again guys. 👍

And I'm :embarrassed: that you went to all the trouble to create a new thread for me Jordan!! I feel privileged. :D
I'm guessing that was done because Jordan would rather have users post a new question in a new thread, even if it's related to a previous Site Feedback thread. That makes it easier for him to keep track of which threads he's addressed. Just FYI.

Back