YOUTUBEHD does not work?

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 14 comments

Patrick

MVP
Premium
United States
California
When people post YouTube videos using "[YOUTUBEHD]" the video won't show up. This happens to me on both the iOS and Android app. I would assume that it's like this for everyone. Regular "

Last edited:
The old [YOUTUBEHD] tags are not supported by the app, and are now obsolete anyway, since YouTube updated their embedded video player. I'm just going to remove the HD tags from the site now to prevent any further confusion like this.

The old [YOUTUBEHD] tags are not supported by the app, and are now obsolete anyway, since YouTube updated their embedded video player. I'm just going to remove the HD tags from the site now to prevent any further confusion like this.

Would you want to convert the tags to regular

Just tried a while ago to post a YT video in HD format but it seems this option no longer works. Just a heads up because I'm not sure if this was changed with a purpose or if it's only some kind of glitch or unforeseen consequence of something else being changed.

Oh I see, that thread's generic title made it go unnoticed by me.

I just checked my old posts with embedded YT videos and as a result of this change they don't show up anymore, unless I edit them all to remove the HD on the tags. Old posts are old though, so I won't bother much anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply 👍

Yeah, the other thread doesn't have a great title, but luckily I remembered it was around somewhere.

When you post embedded YTHD links PLEASE PLEASE include a general URL link to it as well. Smart phone users see blank posts, like the first 3. The mobile app and mobile theme ave limitations unfortunately.

Back